M1152

AB Arms handguard, any good?

Anyone using the AB Arms handguard? I was thinking about getting one but I read an Amazon review where the buyer/reviewer said the hand guard obstructs the front swivel and posted an image, unfortunately I’m not able to navigate back to that review with image to post.

I called a vendor and asked him and he said he don’t like the front swivel anyway and always removes them. He suggested using quick disconnects. I like the quick disconnect idea but don’t care to remove the front swivel. I ordered a 2-point sling from eBay which came with the two swivels (male) quick disconnects so all I need is the female quick disconnect counterparts which looks to be an adventure in itself selecting the right one without getting robbed, SEARS even sells them LOL.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance

I have it on my ar, post pic later, it's very comfortable and well made. There's some YouTube videos about their durability. I am using a single point detachable bungee sling. You can mount your sling in one of the slots if you want also. They also sell rail attachments to add to the side and underside.

Have one w/o a top rail on a Colt 6400 right now.  Tried this instead of the Magpul.  I like the recess for the leading hand.  Comfortable.  Was part of a re-do to make the Colt lighter, with a Rogers stock.  Front swivel was not a problem as Colt uses the left side mount on the sight tower. 

http://www.floridamilitarysupply.com/Colt-M-4-Front-Side-Sling-Tactical-Swivel.html

I have it on my ar, post pic later, it's very comfortable and well made. There's some YouTube videos about their durability. I am using a single point detachable bungee sling. You can mount your sling in one of the slots if you want also. They also sell rail attachments to add to the side and underside.

Have one w/o a top rail on a Colt 6400 right now.  Tried this instead of the Magpul.  I like the recess for the leading hand.  Comfortable.  Was part of a re-do to make the Colt lighter, with a Rogers stock.  Front swivel was not a problem as Colt uses the left side mount on the sight tower. 

http://www.floridamilitarysupply.com/Colt-M-4-Front-Side-Sling-Tactical-Swivel.html

Thanks guys, I had it in my Amazon cart a few days (as they jacked the price)  but didn't want to order until I found out more info on it and ultimately got your feedback here. I did see a Youtube video on AB Arms, the vids I seen seem to be targeting the Magpul hand guard. I like Magpul stuff  but as you guys stated this looks much more comfortable.OG nice looking rifle you have there, looks like the Windham Weaponry.  After a few weeks of comparing XXX vs. yyy uppers I selected the NJ complaint WW upper and took it out for the first time yesterday. I think I made a good selection.

I just ordered the A*B Pro Hand Guard which is minus the rail, I don't need the extra rail. From what I understand about these is they have a higher profile than the upper rail to accommodate piston guns as well as the DI guns.  Perhaps if the rail was the same height as the upper I *may*  have opted for the rail model but don't need it so no loss. I am only going to do a RedDot later on setup to Co-Witness. Currently I just have the flip-up Magpul with the with the A2 tower which is good for now. In the meantime I'll continue research the quick disconnects. I'd like a few upgrades but in the end I'd like to keep it fairly simple. Thanks again for the replies