Krdshrk

USPSA Approves 8-Shot Revolvers

I'm more excited that the wording of the software rules means I might not have to use ezwinwcore ever again if practiscore came export classification data directly.

It's a double edged sword. Fixing stuff in practiscore is painful. Fixing it in the export files is fast. Fixing it in ezwinscore is only marginally painful.

If practiscore adds the ability to merge shooters that might change some, but even then something like what happened with the import of OB's shooters last month would have taken forever to fix. Fixing it in the flat export files took half an hour.

They should kill revolver, send production back to IDPA where it belongs and get back to run what you brung. And while they are at it, kill all classes and sub-divisions. You either won or you didn't

Yeah, that'll grow the sport.

Another issue, the winner will be the one with the biggest wallet who can afford to own and bring both guns, and lug enough ammo for both to every match. Study the stages, and then decide what will be better to shoot, USPSA should be a level playing field of shooting ability and not *gaming* it before you even pull the trigger. 

Who are these mythical shooters exactly? Lets face it at most of the local matches around here there are all of .. 2 of you? Do you really think that out of nowhere a third shooter will show up, drop $4000-$5000 on two customized revolvers and start kicking your ass? 

Hell .. if that happens, wouldn't that be counted as a success for growing the division?

I'm not trying to be harsh, I've said before that the revolver shooters are the coolest people on the range, its just that at this point if they required blackpowder only, single action revolvers, which must be shot upside down while wearing clown shoes and bowler hat .... that rule change can do nothing but GROW the division seeing how it basically non-existent today. 

Don't care about making it bigger, I want to make it better.  Handing out progressive playground award does not make it better

Based on what evidence?  You are comparing this to what other shooting sport?

Also you really need to understand why the sport has, HAS to be bigger, and it has nothing to do with your enjoyment of the game and everything to do with your ownership of firearms. 

Based on what evidence?  You are comparing this to what other shooting sport?

Also you really need to understand why the sport has, HAS to be bigger, and it has nothing to do with your enjoyment of the game and everything to do with your ownership of firearms. 

based on the pussification of america.  everyone wants an award just for showing up and being special

Playing games with guns has nothing to do with the ownership of firearms nor the 2A

Who are these mythical shooters exactly? Lets face it at most of the local matches around here there are all of .. 2 of you? Do you really think that out of nowhere a third shooter will show up, drop $4000-$5000 on two customized revolvers and start kicking your ass? 

Hell .. if that happens, wouldn't that be counted as a success for growing the division?

I'm not trying to be harsh, I've said before that the revolver shooters are the coolest people on the range, its just that at this point if they required blackpowder only, single action revolvers, which must be shot upside down while wearing clown shoes and bowler hat .... that rule change can do nothing but GROW the division seeing how it basically non-existent today. 

Wasnt citing our local matches, I could probably count all the people who constantly shoot revolver in this state on one hand, but more so talking about major matches, - sectionals, area matches, nationals, etc etc. 

The rule change will probably hardly effect us here on a local level, like you said - there is only 2 or 3 of us who show up for revolver division for the NJ matches.

But the talk about killing off a whole division, - ugh - Everybody is entitled to feel how they want to feel about it, but even if you only have 1 guy showing up every match for revolver division, what harm does it do to keep it around? How do you justify putting a vote out to kill off the division? 

2 ALpha, Sorry you are wrong. I ask you again how the game is worse today then 10 or 20 years ago? Do you have fewer matches? Fewer top competitors? Fewer sponsors? What?  In what way the the path taken not been better for the sport in every way? 

Wait .. weren't you elsewhere saying everything should be hoser stages and we shouldn't have prone or cooper tunnels? Wouldn't that go away from the spirit of the game of old? Or maybe I have you confused with someone else. 

But the talk about killing off a whole division, - ugh - Everybody is entitled to feel how they want to feel about it, but even if you only have 1 guy showing up every match for revolver division, what harm does it do to keep it around? How do you justify putting a vote out to kill off the division? 

I'm not saying I want to see it dead, I'm saying it is doing that by itself. To USPSA it is money loser. 

If I was king I'd say fold revolver into production, and let it shoot major :)

I'm not saying I want to see it dead, I'm saying it is doing that by itself. To USPSA it is money loser. 

If I was king I'd say fold revolver into production, and let it shoot major :)

Granted I do not understand the administration side of running the match, How does it lose uspsa money? 

2 ALpha, Sorry you are wrong. I ask you again how the game is worse today then 10 or 20 years ago? Do you have fewer matches? Fewer top competitors? Fewer sponsors? What?  In what way the the path taken not been better for the sport in every way? 

Wait .. weren't you elsewhere saying everything should be hoser stages and we shouldn't have prone or cooper tunnels? Wouldn't that go away from the spirit of the game of old? Or maybe I have you confused with someone else. 

You mean back in the day when Miller beer sponsored matches, when you had to climb obstacle, when you shot heads up and the was only one winner per division.

Being forced to go prone when there is no benefit is stupid and a poor stage design.  I prefer to go prone only when it will increase the hit factor

You know, one a month we put up a call for stage designers. You should give it a shot. 

I mean in the day when everyone was leaving the game because the only way to play was with expensive guns no one wanted to throw money at on day one, and the sponsors were drying up because there wasn't enough of a market. I mean the day when no gun manufacturer really gave a damn because the products they sold had no home in our game.  You mean the day when no one took USPSA serious because it all "gamer crap"?

Don't care about making it bigger, I want to make it better. Handing out progressive playground award does not make it better

As an experiment, I challenge you to design a stage.

No?

Guess what a heads up stageless match shoots like.

I mean seriously, nothing but one pro football league, baseball, etc. That's the one true way, everything less is just the pussification of America right?

There is no farm league, it's embedded in the match. Get over it.

Granted I do not understand the administration side of running the match, How does it lose uspsa money? 

From the conversations I've had with past and present area directors, my understanding is the putting on the nationals has a cost per division for various reasons and the revolver is a money loser when compared with the match fees they receive from monthly matches.  It is not an issue at level 1 matches like ours. 

You challenge me to build a stage? Are we going to meet at the playground at 3?

To design and submit. As it is I'm going to be stuck designing three this weekend.

You bitch about the match and stage design. Don't like them design. Don't like them and the rules start your own.

I have yet to see one good reason for heads up. It boils down to people whining about prize tables and who is or isn't shooting against them.

You want free crap, get a sponsor. Oddly enough that seems to be an indicator of actually being really good. You want to prove you are better than a particular person, call them up and challenge them.

Oddly enough the heads up crowd tend to never run matches.

2014 Handgun Rulebook

Motion: To re-word 3.3.1 to read:

In jurisdictions where competitors are restricted by law to maximum magazine capacity, the maximum capacity allowed in the contest, per division, will be the lesser of said law limitations or division limitations. Individuals exempt from the law restrictions must still comply with this section. Any such limitations must be made known to all competitors by the Match Director/Range Master before the start of the match. 

The only problem I see with it though is when you have a major match like a sectional or area match out of state, for example  - I am an open shooter with 15 round mags, I want to go to PA for an AREA 8 match, they are all allowed no restriction hi-cap magaznes in their open guns..... Now i'm automatically out of the running. I dont see how they can solve this one. 

To design and submit. As it is I'm going to be stuck designing three this weekend.

You **** about the match and stage design. Don't like them design. Don't like them and the rules start your own.

I have yet to see one good reason for heads up. It boils down to people whining about prize tables and who is or isn't shooting against them.

You want free crap, get a sponsor. Oddly enough that seems to be an indicator of actually being really good. You want to prove you are better than a particular person, call them up and challenge them.

Oddly enough the heads up crowd tend to never run matches.

Let me find my crayons and I will design you a stage

So the idea behind this stage is;

Steel is only visable from starting position, low port or end of stage.

So prod, l-10 guys can take a far shot shooting to 11 before moving.

or shoot 10 rnds out of the box, then shot the 3 on the right, reload.  Shoot the far left, 3 in the middle and go prone at the port for the steel.  but they will have to go one for one, but it will save them from moving to the end

or move to the end of the stage, shoot the 5 paper and 1 steel going 1 for 1 but also taking a head shot.

or you can shoot 10 out of the box. 6 on the right, 4 far on the left, and then 6, go prone for the 1 steel

bunch of ways to shoot it

I won't be at the match, but this so should be easy to setup

for some reason I can't upload this. so here is a link

stage%20design-L.jpg

Thats great, so what is the start position? round count? number of shots per paper? gun loaded condition? are any of those no shoots? Are there going to be shoot through on those 3 right targets if I shoot them from the start position? how far apart are they really spaced? Is the starting box part of the free fire zone? Are the two targets on the left early one going to be terrible shoot throughs for the far left ones? From the angle shown is it ok if an open shooter shoots the entire stage from the start position?

I am saddened by the lack of unicorns. 

Do you have any friends that would like to come on early and built the stage for you?

Thats great, so what is the start position? round count? number of shots per paper? gun loaded condition? are any of those no shoots? Are there going to be shoot through on those 3 right targets if I shoot them from the start position? how far apart are they really spaced? Is the starting box part of the free fire zone? Are the two targets on the left early one going to be terrible shoot throughs for the far left ones? From the angle shown is it ok if an open shooter shoots the entire stage from the start position?

I am saddened by the lack of unicorns. 

Do you have any friends that would like to come on early and built the stage for you?

It took longer to upload this then draw it, so I am not going to go back and add the rest

standard start, box is part of the FFZ, targets can be arranged so there are no shoot thrus.  the back left target is blocked by the wall and not visible from the start

I have no friends

The only problem I see with it though is when you have a major match like a sectional or area match out of state, for example  - I am an open shooter with 15 round mags, I want to go to PA for an AREA 8 match, they are all allowed no restriction hi-cap magaznes in their open guns..... Now i'm automatically out of the running. I dont see how they can solve this one. 

Gonna have a lot of guys at local matches who have exemption but cant use mags they have now > 15

It took longer to upload this then draw it, so I am not going to go back and add the rest

standard start, box is part of the FFZ, targets can be arranged so there are no shoot thrus.  the back left target is blocked by the wall and not visible from the start

I have no friends

So basically we have to go spend the 30min to make this into a usable stage, draw it up, add all the readable and required details then build it and make sure it is built correctly. 

Thanx, that really helps us from not having to design a whole other stage.