podmannj

Selection of optics

Anybody have a decent amount in a store tho? I know I want an aimpoint but I cant pick between the PRO and the T1

T1 is better, but more expensive.

I say better because it's lighter and less obtrusive, but the PRO is no slouch and carries all of Aimpoint's quality without the hefty price tag associated with their other products. T1 also uses a more common battery.

Get the T1 if you like the cool factor or have the extra cash to blow, but get the PRO if you're more budget conscious.

T1 is better, but more expensive.

I say better because it's lighter and less obtrusive, but the PRO is no slouch and carries all of Aimpoint's quality without the hefty price tag associated with their other products. T1 also uses a more common battery.

Get the T1 if you like the cool factor or have the extra cash to blow, but get the PRO if you're more budget conscious.

Or if you dont plan on swimming with it get the H1 which is the same optic without the underwater capability. You can find them used for around $450 in a qd mount, not much more than a PRO.

I have a couple PRO's btw and think they are the best bang for the buck out there.

Or if you dont plan on swimming with it get the H1 which is the same optic without the underwater capability.

The T1 is also compatible with NV. If you won't be using NV or swimming with the rifle, H1 is where it's at!

The H1 is waterproof down to 15' so you can go swimming with it... maybe even snorkling... but don't go SCUBA diving with it...

Personally I find the T/H1 a bit too small.  I love my AImpoint M3's but I just didn't jive with the smaller T/H1's.  To each his own I suppose.