Sign in to follow this  
ryan_j

Backdated permits

I've not seen this addressed, but some have reported that their permits were "backdated" as much as 14 days, meaning they got the call to pick up their permits 14 days after the date printed on them.

This would present problems with OGAM since if you want to buy 4 guns you can't unless you get an extension of your permits (which is up to the PD's discretion).

Any recourse for this? Or do we just sit down and take it? 

I've not seen this addressed, but some have reported that their permits were "backdated" as much as 14 days, meaning they got the call to pick up their permits 14 days after the date printed on them.

This would present problems with OGAM since if you want to buy 4 guns you can't unless you get an extension of your permits (which is up to the PD's discretion).

Any recourse for this? Or do we just sit down and take it? 

NJSP is ALWAYS a week late with mine.  They were dated April 29th, I didn't get a call to pick them up till late(9pm) on May 5th.  They were 2 weeks late with my pistol permit extension. 

Sergeant at the desk said they get dated in Trenton, and sent down.  He said they come in their "inner office mail", which only comes to/from Trenton once a week.  Not sure what the issue was with my extension with it taking 2 weeks. 

I've lost almost a month before. Chief signs and I get the call to pick up, but the detective I have to pick them up from is never available, won't return calls, blows off appointments. Last time I resorted to hanging around the pd for an hour unannounced and grabbing him when he came out. I got my permits, but if I hadn't resorted to an ambush I'd still be waiting.

You can never acquire 4 handguns in a 3 month period unless you obtain an exemption of inherit them. The PD would have to hold the permits 30 days for you not to be able to use 3.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2