Sign in to follow this  
Iggyort

Pro Gun / Pro Hunter ASW Donna Simon needs help in Somerset and Hunterdon

Pro Gun / Pro Hunter Assemblywoman Donna Simon needs help in Somerset and Hunterdon
Please help Assemblywoman Donna Simon LD-16. See below.

NJ2AS CALL TO ACTION!

It should come as no surprise that NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg is trying to use his name and cash to attack pro Second Amendment candidates here in NJ and across the country. We have been told that his latest attempt at buying people's rights comes in the form of pouring cash into the group Hunterdon United For Gun Safety (HUGs) specifically so they can attack District 16 ASW Donna Simon for her pro Second Amendment stance.

If we are going to preserve the Second Amendment in NJ, we must stand behind and assist legislators that support liberty. Donna is a supporter of the Second Amendment and has stood on the side of liberty when the legislature chose to attack our rights earlier this year.

NJ2AS is helping assemble volunteers to assist Donna Simon's campaign on two dates: Saturday, October 26, and Saturday, November 2.

You can register for these events by visiting
www.nj2as.com or simply by clicking on the links below.

October 26 Donna Simon Volunteer Day (Legislative District 16)

November 2 Donna Simon Volunteer Day (Legislative District 16)

Volunteers will meet at RNC Victory Office in Bridgewater at 9:30AM. Volunteers would then be deployed to assist however we can at 10:00AM. This may include going door to door to hand out literature, please dress accordingly.

For more information on ASW Simon's campaign in LD16, please visit her web site simonforassembly.com

Volunteers will meet at the RNC Victory Office in Bridgewater at 9:30AM, then be deployed to assist however we can at 10:00AM. This may include going door to door to hand out literature, please dress accordingly. 

RNC Victory Office,
1065 RT. 22, Bridgewater, NJ.

Volunteers will meet at the RNC Victory Office in Bridgewater at 9:30AM, then be deployed to assist however we can at 10:00AM. This may include going door to door to hand out literature, please dress accordingly.

RNC Victory Office,

Sorry, as a gun owner and pilot I cannot support her since she is anti-airport.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok , I am  sure you will agree with all of Marie Corfield's  positions, specially her position on Mag limits and the banning of modern sporting rifles.

B

Just curious - What "anti-airport" positions is she taking?  Against funding for ATC upgrades/modifications?  I'd be a little PO'ed with that one. That whole system is so archaic and needs those auto upgrades to improve spacing and reduce delays, etc.

RNC Victory Office,

Iggy is that sarcasm or are you serious??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Iggy is that sarcasm or are you serious??

No sarcasm.  ASW Donna Simon is rated by the NRA +A  and now she needs our help

We will be putting up signs , handing out literature and going door to door

A+ A legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has also made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.

Look at LD-16

http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2013/new-jersey.aspx

http://nj2as.com/VOLUNTEER?eventId=780242&EventViewMode=EventDetails

We always complain about anti politicians  in NJ but how often to we help a pro- 2nd Amendment  ones ???

Regards and  hopefully I will see some of you tomorrow.

Iggy

Just curious - What "anti-airport" positions is she taking? Against funding for ATC upgrades/modifications? I'd be a little PO'ed with that one. That whole system is so archaic and needs those auto upgrades to improve spacing and reduce delays, etc.

She and her husband are long time supporters of Readington Townships attempts at stealing 725 acres of property known as Solberg Airport from the family that has owned it for 75 years.

She and her husband are long time supporters of Readington Townships attempts at stealing 725 acres of property known as Solberg Airport from the family that has owned it for 75 years.

Yeah, I couldn't support her. Land grabbing P.O.S.

Wow.... as in "eminent domain?"   Yeah, that's not cool.  What do they want to do with it - "Development?"

Wow.... as in "eminent domain?" Yeah, that's not cool. What do they want to do with it - "Development?"

Actually,

They want the opposite. No development.

This airport/township saga has been going on for the last decade and both sides have been at it.

More here:

http://www.solbergairport.com/eminentdomain/McNamaraLetter.pdf

Great .

Vote for the Anti Gun candidate and enjoy the outcome.

Well, I'm not in that district anyway, so my vote doesn't count, but you're ok with gov't that decides they want your land and are going to take it whether you want to give it up or not?

I'm a pilot and am familiar with this long going battle.

I'm not a fan of any gov't looking to take property away from owners.

Many times these treasonous P.O.S.s try to take it under the guise of eminent domain when their reasons for stealing the land is no where near what the Founders intended.

Well, I'm not in that district anyway, so my vote doesn't count, but you're ok with gov't that decides they want your land and are going to take it whether you want to give it up or not?

I'm a pilot and am familiar with this long going battle.

I'm not a fan of any gov't looking to take property away from owners.

Many times these treasonous P.O.S.s try to take it under the guise of eminent domain when their reasons for stealing the land is no where near what the Founders intended.

I guess it simply comes down to which issue is the greater priority for you... land ownership or gun rights?

No sarcasm. ASW Donna Simon is rated by the NRA +A and now she needs our help

We will be putting up signs , handing out literature and going door to door

A+ A legislator with not only an excellent voting record on all critical NRA issues, but who has also made a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment.

Look at LD-16

http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2013/new-jersey.aspx

http://nj2as.com/VOLUNTEER?eventId=780242&EventViewMode=EventDetails

We always complain about anti politicians in NJ but how often to we help a pro- 2nd Amendment ones ???

Regards and hopefully I will see some of you tomorrow.

Iggy

I'm confused ...you support her or no? You said something about her being anti-aircraft or something like that.

Also what is tomorrow? Something going on in Old Bridge?

I'm confused ...you support her or no? You said something about her being anti-aircraft or something like that.

Also what is tomorrow? Something going on in Old Bridge?

I support her. I just spent all day trying to get her back to Trenton instead of sitting in my tree stand.

Go down tomorrow with your holster, gun and 350 rounds of Ammo and tell them you are a new shooter. Make sure to arrive by 7:45 AM

I guess it simply comes down to which issue is the greater priority for you... land ownership or gun rights?

I don't have to choose. I do not believe she is pro-gun. She is just not anti-gun. How can she support 2nd amendment rights yet support the stealing of citizens property... Supports the Constitution yet breaks the 7th Commandment. I choose not to vote.

I don't have to choose. I do not believe she is pro-gun. She is just not anti-gun. How can she support 2nd amendment rights yet support the stealing of citizens property... Supports the Constitution yet breaks the 7th Commandment. I choose not to vote.

Because the stealing of citizens' property is usually about $$$.  Gun rights aren't really about $$$ as much.

And if she breaks the 7th commandment, then she's going to have a bit of a problem with her husband... :shok: ... Perhaps, you meant the "8th?"  :)

Although, I'd probably add the "10th" commandment as the underlying force for her actions.

Because the stealing of citizens' property is usually about $$$. Gun rights aren't really about $$$ as much.

And if she breaks the 7th commandment, then she's going to have a bit of a problem with her husband... :shok: ... Perhaps, you meant the "8th?" :)

Although, I'd probably add the "10th" commandment as the underlying force for her actions.

Yes, you're right, all three... 7th, 8th, & 10th.

My ability to trust all hinges on ones character & integrity. I do not trust her.

“It doesn’t matter what you say you believe - it only matters what you do.”

Just curious - What "anti-airport" positions is she taking?  Against funding for ATC upgrades/modifications?  I'd be a little PO'ed with that one. That whole system is so archaic and needs those auto upgrades to improve spacing and reduce delays, etc.

Readington Township put up a $22M bond several years ago to acquire the 725 acre airport (way under the appraised $40M+ price). The owners are making minor improvements and are not willing to make major upgrades with the threat of eminent domain condemnation over their heads. There is a big difference between the 503 or so commercial airports out of the total of 5,170 public use airports in the USA. The delays and spacing you refer to I assume are related to commercial flights. I fly in and out of non-commercial service airports, like Solberg Airport, where there are few if any delays.

The airport's master plan calls for lengthening and repaving the runway, replacing the antiquated lighting system, and adding hangar space to allow more aircraft to be kept out of the elements and to increase security.

Readington Township put up a $22M bond several years ago to acquire the 725 acre airport (way under the appraised $40M+ price). The owners are making minor improvements and are not willing to make major upgrades with the threat of eminent domain condemnation over their heads.

So, what are Readington's underlying reasons for not wanting the Airport?  Drain on municipal services? Potential for catastrophe in the event of a serious crash? Control issue, maybe? Other reasons? Why would a township not want an airport if they already have one? 

So, what are Readington's underlying reasons for not wanting the Airport?  Drain on municipal services? Potential for catastrophe in the event of a serious crash? Control issue, maybe? Other reasons? Why would a township not want an airport if they already have one?

I am not a pilot nor use the services of Mr Solberg but i live in the township and the township has spent 3.3M$ of taxpayer money to fend off The Solberg Family rights in the last 10 years.

I am a firm believer that if someone owns a property they can do whatever they want with it and support the Solberg Family in this matter as a resident.

Long story short as i know it. It may be full of holes but o don't want to write several pages here.

- Owner wanted to make a master plan and expand the runway to accommodate jets some day maybe/maybe as soon as he can.

- Residents don't want jet noise. Township moves against the airport.

- A buyout is not agreed upon by the owner and interested parties or the township

- Township starts legal action and wants to condemn the land and preserve it as open space.

- Township doesn't have a big case and wants to delay in any way and now wants to take over airport completely.

http://www.solbergairport.com/eminentdomain/updates.php

It would take a hundred pages to describe the history (I have lived in Readington and Branchburg for over 22 years), but the bottom line is that there has been a long history of mis-trust between the township (committee and residents) and the Solberg family that dates back to several attempts to complete extremely large expansions of the airport (think Teterboro size) and later back handed attempts at selling the property outright to a developer for an industrial park or housing development (exactly what is a bit murky).

The township and its residents has a love/hate relationship with the airport itself. Love the open space around it, like/tolerate the small airport generally speaking, but not interested in a major development in the heart of the township that would change a rural township into another Bridgewater type area. (Readington is the furthest east municipality in Central New Jersey that can still be considered Rural in any real sense).

The township and its leaders have tried lots of things to work with the Family on a plan for the property. In the middle of this, the family appears to be split among themselves (two sisters and a brother).

The leadership has a long history of anti-development in general (They have about 5-6 lawsuits pending on any given time with developers and it has been that way for a very long time.) Julia Allen is the leader of the group (anti-gun it appears, she actually at one time maybe still was listed on the Bloomberg MAIG site). The condemnation (officially for the purpose of retaining the airport) was actually put to a township referendum by the leadership about 8 years ago and it won pretty handily even with major money and influence spent to defeat the referendum. This event happened around the time of the selling out to become an industrial park appeared to be happening while at the same time, the family was officially putting in for an expansion of the airport to a size larger than Morristown airport.

How does Donna Simon fit into this? Well her husband was a former USMC Air traffic controller who was appalled at what the township was doing to “ruin the airport and the Solbergs” if I remember the words correctly. He was actually taking flight lessons at the airport at the time if I remember correctly. So he with some knowledge of air operations did some research into the proposed changes the Solbergs had put forward. What he found out surprised the heck out of him.  (I am remembering this from my own attendance at township meetings and news articles and a couple direct conversations with Michael Simon). The proposed changes in the airport had been sold by the Solberg’s as safety improvements for existing operations, when in fact he found out the changes were more in line with creating a small commuter operation along with significant corporate jet traffic, maybe even some cargo.  After confronting the Solberg’s on the bait and switch, he ended up switching sides and began to support the township’s position after realizing what was going on. So Donna as half of that issue became part of the mess. 

The airport and Readington have been in court now for almost 8 years if I remember right and I expect it will continue until at least one or two of the Solberg’s siblings die and the remaining ones work out a plan for the property that can be approved by a township planning committee or the township prevails in court.

BTW, Donna ended up in politics a couple hears later after she helped start a recall campaign against probably the worst Sherriff in NJ in the last 50 years, Deborah Trout.  That is a whole other story. I can tell you that that case, she was doing things that can only be considered good by lover’s of freedom, legality and civility.  The Trout issues are still bouncing around in Hunterdon and continue to end up in court, and could actually cause issues for Gov. Christie one day.

I feel it is safe to say she is a pro-2A politician (she is actually an NRA member, you can verify on the NRA-ILA website) and that the development issues are more complicated than simple eminent domain.

Her primary candidate/opponent is Marie Corfield, is a Public School Teacher and very liberal Democrat who was a very public opponent of Christie’s reforms on taxes and compensation for teachers. She is also a strongly anti-2A candidate.

Anyone who votes against Simon is voting for Corfield and would be a definite vote for Sweeney/Weinberg and company.

I am not a pilot nor use the services of Mr Solberg but i live in the township and the township has spent 3.3M$ of taxpayer money to fend off The Solberg Family rights in the last 10 years.

I am a firm believer that if someone owns a property they can do whatever they want with it and support the Solberg Family in this matter as a resident.

Long story short as i know it. It may be full of holes but o don't want to write several pages here.

- Owner wanted to make a master plan and expand the runway to accommodate jets some day maybe/maybe as soon as he can.

- Residents don't want jet noise. Township moves against the airport.

- A buyout is not agreed upon by the owner and interested parties or the township

- Township starts legal action and wants to condemn the land and preserve it as open space.

- Township doesn't have a big case and wants to delay in any way and now wants to take over airport completely.

http://www.solbergairport.com/eminentdomain/updates.php

OK, I have seen this before, even for a "commercial" airport.  Almost 40 yrs. ago, on Martha's Vineyard, there was the same opposition to "jets" for similar reasons (mostly for cutting out about 5000ft. of State Forest land.  They had no issues with private jets (i.e Lear, Gulfstream variety), but did with something as large as a DC9 or greater. In fact, Delta operated the one and only DC9 that was allowed to operate at that airport. Due to the length of the runway, it had to operate on special rules (weight limitations, etc.). It had to do a "carrier takeoff" to get off the ground (ie.go to full thrust with the breaks on and then release them suddenly, from the very far end of that runway). I don't believe there has been a commercial jet of that size, since.