Back on target

Your experience at EFGA

I have been thinking of joining Easton Fish and Game. What is your experience at the range , what's good, what's not, is it a friendly range where one can learn?

Is it a busy place on weekends?

Thank you,

Ruben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a great range. I was there today shooting with another forum member. The fact that you can shoot all platforms is what I like.

I have never ran into a wait there, but I have heard it can be hit or miss some days as of waiting for a port or bench. Today @ 4:15 we were the only ones on the pistol range and there was 2 guys shooting on rifle range.

good range with plenty of options to shoot with the separate ranges. ive been a member there for a year and ive never had to wait to shoot. its really relaxed and you kinda just do your own thing. no ROs breathing down you neck for shooting too fast or stupid stuff like that. and lots of friendly guys. i always strike up a conversation with someone while im there.

Thanks go farmer.

I'll be in Easton tomorrow. I may stop by the place. Would someone be at the office? Or is it pretty much self serve.

you have to stop by sarco in easton to sign up. bring you $60 cash and fill out the form and you are good to go. when you go to the range there will usually be a RO wandering between the different ranges checking IDs and stuff like that but it is very laid back. just remember that if you see something out of place dont be afraid to call a cease fire. and dont forget to sign in at each range you shoot at.

If your just going to look at the range to see if you like it before you join you dont need to sign in or get a pass @ Sarco. Its pretty much self serve. The pistol range is the first parking lot and buildings, the rifle range is up the driveway about 40 yards

I like going there but I truly think the range officers there think that age means that you don't know anything. Every time I go with a friend, the RO walks right past the guy who is sweeping his friend just so he can stand over my shoulder. He would say, "put a bore flag in the gun" when switching a gun before I even had the mag out. Meanwhile the guy next to me puts his loaded gun on the rack. This is my only complaint. While safety is awesome and I can understand. After displaying uber safety procedure, it's time to move on and get off my shoulder. This is a turn off and we don't go as much because they make it unpleasant. (I go with instructors and RO's myself all the time). There are many many stories of my friends all young in age being chewed out over nothing because of age (such as using too many staples)....

Mike

I've been going almost every weekend since joining about 9 months ago and never waited for a spot. I must be lucky because every R.O. I've encountered has been good. There's a couple that are extremely good in helping me learn how to zero my AR and improve my handgun handling. Quite a few times I've watched the same ones helping other shooters with similar issues. I felt after the first day that the range paid for itself. I'll be there again tomorrow to help with the work party then trying out my new spotting scope at the rifle range.

John

Yea I'm not sure what pbkid is taking about with no RO's giving a hard time....there are some serious range Nazi's there that just need a bitching outlet. Quite honestly the only reason I go there is because it's usually empty, and very cheap membership. Almost every time I go, there is barely any wood to hang targets at the pistol range, and no chairs at the rifle range. I'm saving little by little for a membership at a nicer range...you don't find muzzle sweeping at a place like OBRPC.

I've never been swept and ive never been yelled at. And I'm a young guy too. All the ROs I've met have been pleasent. The only time I've seen someone get yelled at was when some guy was still shooting after dark. I was all packed up and just talking to someone else there when one of the club officers came and told the guy to knock it off.

I've never been swept and ive never been yelled at. And I'm a young guy too. All the ROs I've met have been pleasent. The only time I've seen someone get yelled at was when some guy was still shooting after dark. I was all packed up and just talking to someone else there when one of the club officers came and told the guy to knock it off.

Then you've been at the right place at the right time lol. I once had an RO tell me I couldn't shoot because I didn't have a chamber flag for my AR. After telling him that wasn't a posted rule, he told me not to come back without one.

I also was yelled at for doing a 2 shot sequence for "rapid firing". Said that wasn't permitted and I could be thrown out for it. So I asked him how he could tell it was me, and how he could tell it just wasn't two shooters shooting consecutively (he walked up the hill to give me a hard time. I'm also younger). He gave me shit for being a "wiseass" and left.

You havent had fun if you havent ticked off "longbeard"

Anything close to rapid fire and he FREAKS out.  Says its against the rules but when I showed him the rules he couldnt point out where it said that.

Ive also had a guy load a rifle and point it at my girlfriend who was down range when it was cold.  He was thumbing rounds into the magazine of a remington 700 and when I was like wtf are you doing why are you loading that he said...

......wait for it....

"I'm not loading it, im just putting bullets into it"

usually when I am there the place is empty so I have only ever had one run in with a RO there and he was a huge dick to me and my guest. I was so pissed off that I just packed up and left.  All because I did not have my membership card pined on my body, it was on my range bag.

So I joined EFGA. Heritage was closed today due to a power failure so I headed to EFGA after joining at Sarco.

Other than getting a bit lost until I found myself, I had a great experience.

I asked questions and all members were very nice and helpfull. Didn't see any ROs.

It was great and I was able to sight my new Stag 8 with diamond sights. First time shooting it, love it.

Also tried a few mags with my pistol.

Thank you all for giving your opinion and looking forward to meeting some of you at the range.

Ruben

i dont know what you guys are doing to get crap from the ROs. they have always been pleasant with me. one even told me to take charge as acting RO when he left. on the other hand i never show up with just my AR so maybe they just hate that new fangled "tacticool" stuff.

Only positive experiences at EFGA for me too, but I am an old fart. Every time I go there I end up meeting guys like Igor, Og and Patrick the black powder guy. It's always fun and friendly. ROs have been fine especially if you engage them a bit and show a little personality.

i dont know what you guys are doing to get crap from the ROs. they have always been pleasant with me. one even told me to take charge as acting RO when he left. on the other hand i never show up with just my AR so maybe they just hate that new fangled "tactitard" stuff.

Fixed that for ya. 

That range sucks, don't ever go there

Don't listen to him. He's practically there every day.

I've never had a bad experience at EFGA except for the one time the RO said I couldn't shoot but that was because I let my membership lapse which was totally my fault. Even then afterwards he pulled me to the side and told me that if there weren't people waiting at the rifle range, he would have let me shoot because he was from Jersey himself and didn't want me to waste the trip. That was the only day I remember seeing all the ports at the rifle range being taken up.

Awesome day there yesterday, Ran into three guys I'd never met before, got to talking and 20 minutes later I'd tried three or four different new guns, and they'd all tried mine. It's like a club, but one that welcomes newcomers. Then, I went over to the rifle range and an hour after that I had tried three different rifles and we had all taken turns at my spotting scope spotting hits for each other.

Don't listen to the nonsense, join now.