JimmyAGR

STI Lawman

About 1 1/2 years ago my wife wanted to do something special for my birthday. She knew how much I love 1911's so she wanted to buy me one. We decided on an STI Lawman. It is such a sweet shooting gun, I was immediately impressed with it. But after breaking it down for cleaning I noticed that the blue finish had a cloudiness to it. I contacted STI who said that they had an issue with there bluing tank and would refinish it for me. I got it back and it was much better, but I was never really satisfied. I decided that I was going to have it coated, and I love the way the Colt Marine pistol looked so I had it done up in FDE with black accents. I am very happy with the way it looks now. It was done by Precision Firearms Coatings in Edison. Turnaround time was two days. Here are the before and after shoots.

Nice.  I love STI pistols.  I've got a Spartan in .45 and wouldn't mind having a Lawman or a Perfect 10 at some point later down the road.

Ty this is a great pistol, very tight and smooth. The guy who did the coating was surprised by how tight the fit was. she shoots great too, very accurate.