intercooler

so anyone notice that SuperCross is coming back!!!!!!

Anyone notice that AMA Supercross is coming back to the Meadowlands, April 262014. I am absolutely thrilled!!! In a former life, I raced semi pro, raced 2/3 and 4 wheelers (85-91 were my years) all kawie team green support. I still make a point to watch as much as I can...My first love was always dirt bikes...started in BMX and moved to the MX seen when I was young. I am ordering my tickets ASAP

Boy I am thrilled!

I already have tickets for it already :lol:

A few new rookies this year, and a few guys stepping up to the 450's this year as well(as if the 450 class wasn't stacked as it is with super competitive riders).  This season should be awesome. 

I wonder if they'll bring that stuff down to the Millville race track. Lord knows they have enough land to build a bmx track.

...if they ever build it.  They haven't even broken ground yet, and all we keep hearing is "next month".  

I wish they would bring back 2-stroke racing. I feel bad that the younger generations will never get to experience riding a 2-stroke dirt bike.

I love seeing the guys on 2 strokes at MX races still.  There was a younger kid on a 80's Honda 2 stroke at the Loretta Lynns this year, and was doing pretty well too.  

Great info, thanks for posting.

I wish they would bring back 2-stroke racing. I feel bad that the younger generations will never get to experience riding a 2-stroke dirt bike.

Yes, definitely. 

Ahhhh, Those were the days.  I can still remember the distinct odor of premix exhaust fumes.  LOL

Yes, definitely. 

Ahhhh, Those were the days.  I can still remember the distinct odor of premix exhaust fumes.  LOL

Nothing like the smell of Klotz and VP. 

Yes, definitely. 

Nothing like the smell of Klotz and VP. 

Yes but going slow is overrated.

Huh? Really? Ever ride a 250 2-stroke? 450? 480? 500? 350 Banshee? 500 Quadzilla?

I'm just busting yer balls man, Yeah I raced MX for a little over 12 years both bikes and quads. Yes I have rode/raced all of the above except 450 and 480 2 strokes. I was a die hard 2 stroke fan until I rode a stock YZ450F (just pipe, properly jetted and air filter) up a hill and it didn't bog down like a yz250 2 stroke does. I was in the quad mood at that time and bought one of Pat Brown's YFZ450's in 2007 and never looked back. No more DNF's because I smoked the clutch trying to get power, no more DNF's because of the top end melting or just blowing up for no reason, no more down shifting going up the hills in PA and NY, No more rebuilding it five times a season. Just low maintenance, twice the power RIGHT OFF IDLE AND ALL THE WAY UP!!! Once a year rebuild, finish every race, if you don't have time to go to the shop and get oil, or if you just forgot, you can run pump gas and still win. I can go on forever but mostly the power of a 4 stroke 450 is amazing compared to a 250 2 stroke, or any 2 stroke.

They will continue on the network speed converted to - for the next five years!!!

http://www.cyclenews.com/647/22594/Racing-Article/Supercross-Gets-Five-Year-TV-Deal-With-FOX-Sports.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome man, I hope they have it live and cover it as good as Speed did... and Erin "Big Boobies" Bates.

I'm just busting yer balls man, Yeah I raced MX for a little over 12 years both bikes and quads. Yes I have rode/raced all of the above except 450 and 480 2 strokes. I was a die hard 2 stroke fan until I rode a stock YZ450F (just pipe, properly jetted and air filter) up a hill and it didn't bog down like a yz250 2 stroke does. I was in the quad mood at that time and bought one of Pat Brown's YFZ450's in 2007 and never looked back. No more DNF's because I smoked the clutch trying to get power, no more DNF's because of the top end melting or just blowing up for no reason, no more down shifting going up the hills in PA and NY, No more rebuilding it five times a season. Just low maintenance, twice the power RIGHT OFF IDLE AND ALL THE WAY UP!!! Once a year rebuild, finish every race, if you don't have time to go to the shop and get oil, or if you just forgot, you can run pump gas and still win. I can go on forever but mostly the power of a 4 stroke 450 is amazing compared to a 250 2 stroke, or any 2 stroke.

That's awesome man, I hope they have it live and cover it as good as Speed did... and Erin "Big Boobies" Bates.

90% of the fun is keeping the engine in the powerband. I actually enjoyed changing rings every 20hrs. 4 strokes were always fun for slow back trail riding. My all time favorite ride was a 1987 Honda CR 250 .30 over. You might have seen me once or twice around the exit 16w exit off the turnpike back in the day. Anyone rember "burnout"?

I'm a southern Jerseyer, the furthest north I ever rode illegally is Clayton sand mine in Jackson, that place is heaven. Have you ever rode there? Have you ever rode any of the new 4 strokes?

I have rode the new 4 strokes. They are pretty bad ass but I am a die hard 2-stroke guy. That's what I grew up with. I have been to the Clayton sand mine but not to ride. The first thing I thought when i got there was how great it would be to ride here.

My riding grounds where the Meadowlands. Burnout, the flats, polozzis, trails behind the gunnel oval, and a couple places with no names. Heck, we even rode the Booton line tracks out to the Hackensack river or the "hacky".

Got my tickets too !!! I do remember riding gunnel oval as a kid on my yz80. I used to ride down there on the railroad tracks from East Newark. What a blast...We would hide gas in the bushes. Started racing ecea hare scrambles and enduros in South Jersey when I turned 30...God I wish I knew they had all this fun legal riding in Jersey in my 20's. Your never too old to ride...go to www.ecea.org for Hare Scrambles, Enduros, and Dual Sport riding in NJ