Blue1

LaserLyte training

Has anyone here used LaserLyte training system?

My handguns are mostly .45 ACP, so I found that laser cartridge and the target for about $200 shipped.

My question is, when you load up the laser cartridge, how close to point of laser to point of actual impact?  Can it be calibrated/zeroed in?  It seems pointless to practice with something that provides a different point of impact indication then actual point of impact.

Blue1

I bought one awhile back and had the switch in the laser malfunction.  They sent me a new one by priority mail.

I did find the that the laser was not true to the sights, but I was able to rotate the pointer in the barrel to adjust for this and mark the top with a magic marker so that it would repeat.

Using it in a G19, after awhile it would turn and need to be repositioned.  Using it in a Sig P230 it stayed in position, maybe because I wasn't racking and the chamber was a little tighter.

I just ordered one to use with my Sirt pistol. I have heard they work well. Will let you know.

Let me know if it works with the SIRT as I have heard some reports that it does not, and would like to know the true story.

Let me know if it works with the SIRT as I have heard some reports that it does not, and would like to know the true story.

I have an older Beamhit system and the frequency of the my Sirt pistol is not the same as the beamhit so it doesnt work. I have heard the SIRT red laser works fine with the laserlyte system. I will know more tomorrow when it arrives.

The red laser in my SIRT pistol works fine with the Laserlyte targets.  The green does not.  

Advantages of the SIRT vs. a Laserlyte cartridge:

1.) Completely safe for dry fire, since it's not really a gun.

2.) Closely mimics the size and weight of a Glock 17.

3.) No need to re-rack the slide between shots.

Disadvantages:

1.) Cost

2.) Unless you carry and use a Glock 17, it's not the same gun you use.