Sign in to follow this  
n4p226r

X300ultra 159.99

hows this light compare to a tlr-1 tlr-1s?

I used to be a Streamlight-only guy.  The TLR1 was a great light, IMO.  Cheap, bright, and reasonably reliable.  However, that being said, I've had enough flickering issues with other Streamlight products that I'm starting to move away from Streamlight in general.  I haven't had issues with the TLR1 line specifically however my confidence in Streamlight products is rattled enough that the weaponlights on my defensive guns are now all sporting X300U lights.  What I also like about the X300U and the Fury is the way the bezel generates a secondary corona for added lighting.  The hot spot of the X300U seems to be similar in output to the older TLR1 which was rated at 300 lumens but the secondary illumination is a nice boost to any reflection off walls, further lighting up an area.

I did buy a handful from Amazon because that's cheaper than I can get them through normal channels and I honestly don't expect the deal to last once wind of it gets back to Surefire and they lay the smack down.