Tavor

AK variants

M&P 15-22

SKS

Thompson

Ruger 10/22

STG 44

etc....

The list is endless depending on caliber and what you plan to do with it, Plinking, competitive, long range, just for fun, home defense, SHTF etc.....

there are some in the marketplace to look for ideas http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/category/4-rifles/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

There are so many variations I'm lost. I want it for Plinking at the range & home defense. I really would like 10-15 round capacity. So The Mini 14 is out, I was looking at that for one. Calibers 223, 30-06, 308 would be fine. I'm looking for an exact model that is legal out of the box. Something reliable, accurate & around $750-$1200.

Why would the mini14 be out?  10 round mags are easy to get and I think 15 rounders are out there.

go on youtube and look up reviews on all the above mentioned guns.  You would do good to find a review on a particular gun by hickok45 on youtube.  He explains things pretty good

Ken

ar15.... 

a million and one configurations.... you can put the gun together exactly how you want it.. 

Or just grab one off the shelf and start shooting.  Later, you can add an optic, upgrade the trigger, throw on a sling, pretty much whatever you want.

Stag Arms makes a drop in BCG that lets you shoot .22lr out of your same gun, so you have that option as well, if .22lr ever becomes available again.

I just bought a Mini 14 tactical last week. Fun gun 5.56 or .223, came with two 15 round mags Jersey legal muzzle brake pinned and welded, pinned folding stock, pinned adjustable stock. Got it at RTSP $900 & change out the door. they had more in stock. And a sale going on till the end of the month on all guns. I have owned a ranch rifle for years and also love it, except its only chambered .223. Not as accurate as my AR for sure but still a great time tested design. and fun to shoot. It also reminds me of the A-Team loved that show as a kid. Dont let me sway you from buying an AR because IMO that is a rifle everyone should own. But if your looking for something a little different the Mini 14 or 30 is the gun to have. Here is a stock photo:

myze3yba.jpg6yny2a9u.jpg7uqa5aja.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Don't discount the Beretta CX4 Carbine, especially if you have a Beretta 92FS or PX4 pistol.  The gun has a 15 shot capacity with the Beretta 92FS magazines and would serve equally well for Home Defense.  Best of all, you can use the same ammo as your pistol if you have a 9mm.

Don't discount the Beretta CX4 Carbine, especially if you have a Beretta 92FS or PX4 pistol.  The gun has a 15 shot capacity with the Beretta 92FS magazines and would serve equally well for Home Defense.  Best of all, you can use the same ammo as your pistol if you have a 9mm.

Just understand that a handgun round out of a carbine is going to sail right through interior walls and still have a lot of penetration on the other side... Making it less than idea...

The cx4 is a great gun... But I ditched it due to concerns for over penetration...

Just understand that a handgun round out of a carbine is going to sail right through interior walls and still have a lot of penetration on the other side... Making it less than idea...

The cx4 is a great gun... But I ditched it due to concerns for over penetration...

I've read that before about the pistol caliber carbines but I was curious if frangible ammo. Have you ever seen what that looks like coming out of Sheetrock?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys, I'd like to add a Semi auto Rifle with a 10-15 shot  Mag capacity. Can you give me a few NJ Legal ideas?

I would also recommend the AR15 for a zillion different reasons. 

Specifically, I would suggest you get the Colt 6920 and have it made Jersey compliant.

There is supposed to be a compliant version of the 6920, called the 6400, but I’ve read that it has a “neutered” BCG so I would just stick with the 6920.

It will cost a little more than a Stag or Windham but why not own the standard in ARs?  It will always be in demand and is top quality.

I love the CX4, looks cool as hell but I still think he should sitck with the AR.  :)