NYMetsFan86

GSG 522 $269 form PSA

Are you shittin me hahaha just paid 310 from Buds last week lol... Such a fun gun for plinking. I already mall ninja'd mine out hahah

http://www.slickguns.com/product/gsg-522-sd-gerg522sdlb22-27995

While I ENCOURAGE the support of our local shops...this i would consider dirt cheap and a deal worth jumping on

Are you shittin me hahaha just paid 310 from Buds last week lol... Such a fun gun for plinking. I already mall ninja'd mine out hahah

While I ENCOURAGE the support of our local shops...this i would consider dirt cheap and a deal worth jumping on

im considering this as a fun gun.. Has it been running well for ya or is it ammo finicky?

I bought it on impulse (at a much higher price), and I'm thinking that rimfire isn't for me. I fired a few shots at the range, initially got confused as to what sight picture I should be using, but then started to get bored. I struggled to stay awake long enough to empty out the magazine, and it's been collecting dust ever since. 

This was just being discussed in the chat room earlier.  I hope that person sees this, cant remember who it was. 

I think it looks cool as hell, just not sure if I need/want another 22lr rifle as I have a SW MP 15-22

I bought it on impulse (at a much higher price), and I'm thinking that rimfire isn't for me. I fired a few shots at the range, initially got confused as to what sight picture I should be using, but then started to get bored. I struggled to stay awake long enough to empty out the magazine, and it's been collecting dust ever since. 

Seems like a popular firearm.  If you decide to sell, doubt youll have trouble finding a buyer, especially since its lightly used. 

I can't agree with you more. The GSG seemed more like a novelty, and it wore off pretty quick. But at the same time, I think .22's are boring after 15mins so we may be the minorities here as everyone and their mothers can't get enough of .22.

I can't agree with you more. The GSG seemed more like a novelty, and it wore off pretty quick. But at the same time, I think .22's are boring after 15mins so we may be the minorities here as everyone and their mothers can't get enough of .22.

I'm with you.  No matter how cool the rifle(s) look, after a few minutes, 22lr gets really boring.  I need the gun to kick a bit.

im considering this as a fun gun.. Has it been running well for ya or is it ammo finicky?

Ive only taken it out once so far. It was fun and the other gents below are correct in that it is a novelty. It happens to be the only .22 I have right now so maybe thats why its fun for me

This was just being discussed in the chat room earlier.  I hope that person sees this, cant remember who it was. 

I think it looks cool as hell, just not sure if I need/want another 22lr rifle as I have a SW MP 15-22

Seems like a popular firearm.  If you decide to sell, doubt youll have trouble finding a buyer, especially since its lightly used. 

Dude if you have an MP 15-22 i see no reason other than novelty to get this rifle. i ended up adding my own rail and AFG as well as a smaller rail at 45 degrees on the handguard for a tac light...... I like tacticool weapons, im not sure why haha

what mags do these take?

example...

http://www.hotgunparts.com/servlet/the-24/GSG-dsh-5-GSG-Factory-10rd/Detail

I will be using this if I attend a tactical rifle class

It has to be shipped to an FFL either way, and they can neuter the mag for you prior to taking possession. It's a fun little gun, great for kicks but that's really about it. I notice I haven't been using my 10/22 much since I bought mine but that's fine, they each have their purpose.

I have one, its fun for a while. The sights suck I changed mine to the MP5 style ghost rings. They used to come with them until H&K sued the S*#t out of them. It has some ammo issues at times as well. Needs a High Velocity round to cycle properly. I recommend only running brand new ammunition through it not stuff you've had laying around for a year or two. It was a great gun to train my 11 year old nephew on for gun safety.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I had the original gsg-5, and the novelty def wore off very quick.  It was also a huge pain in the a** to clean, which was ultimately why I sold it.  The only tacticool .22 I have that I enjoy shooting is my S&W 15-22.   With the Eotech on it its lots of fun shooting cans and steel in the pits.  

I hate to disagree but .22LR in general and especially tactical style rifles *NEVER* get boring or old for me.  Maybe it's because I've invested a lot of money into my .22s, and .22LR in general... or specifically I've invested a lot in my S&W M&P 15-22 (I have more premium furniture and optics than most people do on their regular ARs, and in fact i have discussed at the range with some people that my 15-22 is more expensive by sometimes large amounts than their 5.56 ARs )... but I cannot get bored with it.

It started out as several different parts coming together... when I got my paperwork together and started buying my own firearms, I wanted to accomplish a few things- starting my firearms collection *as a collection*, as I had always wanted to collect firearms; Starting my SHTF/TEOTWAWKI collection because I always believed in S&P and believe firearms are an integral part of all S&P portfolios; and of course FUN, I thoroughly enjoy shooting and always have and believe variety is the spice of life, I would not have nearly as much fun or gain any satisfaction from say, buying one .38 Sp revolver, and going out to shoot it and only it for the rest of my life.

I knew .22LR was important and the Survivalist forum and internet experts all stressed getting a .22LR rifle ASAP, so I did...but then I realized they were fun, plentiful, cheap, and most importantly really: the range I was going to (and still do to a certain extent) did  not allow any rifles or rifle caliber weapons- shotguns were basically the biggest caliber (no slugs though) but you couldn't shoot anything bigger than a pistol or pistol caliber unless it was .22LR.  So I had brought my 597 but quickly wanted more, got a Savage Mark II.  bolt-action is great fun but then I read how the world was going nuts on the net early 2010 about the S&W M&P 15-22...so I had to get me one.  Awesome decision.  I think I brought it home on April Fools Day '10 and spent the next 8 months customizing it and shooting it.

I can see how people with perhaps bigger collections, total AR-15/5.56 nuts, or maybe people with a more tactical mindset or job requiring it... I can see them as anti-22LR, pro 5.56 tactical blactical big guns... and even boredom with guns like my 15-22 or .22LRs ... but man, IMHO and f course many others, it's the definition of fun and a cheap great date!