Stonecoldchavez

Amid shortage, police departments stockpile ammo

Article in today's Burlington County Times.

http://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/news/local/amid-shortage-police-departments-stockpile-ammo/article_6e5f82df-6c60-5d19-9c25-3720898f2e19.html

I found quite a few errors in the article. "For example, in Medford, the number of people issued permits to carry handguns increased from 226 to 490 between 2011 and 2013." No one can carry. I believe it should have read permits to purchase handguns.

"Most police officers carry .45 caliber guns, the same type used by the military, Eliason said." News to me. I thought most depts. use .40cal or 9mm?

Too bad some members that have an account don't point out in the comment section they made a mistake and they are referring to permit to purchase....not carry which no one but Leo/related positions can obtain...... Is it a simple mistake on their part or actually an intentional disinformation/sheeple programming attempt... ?,,,,,, hmmm lol

I can hear it now.... "omg.... There's double the people carrying guns out there ..I read it in the paper!!!! We have to stop this...govt save us!!!!!"

Just saw the article on face book....this is an interesting question. I used to live in Medford, and there are over 20,000 residents there, and its a popular upscale community...there are many who I know of that are retired from some sort of law enforcement; at the local, state, and federal level, as well as a lot of commercial airline pilots, who are also authorized to carry on the job. It's not out of the question to have 490 carry permits out.  

I'd actually be surprised if there were that few pistol permission slips issued that year...the number sounds a little low, IMHO.

As I also stated on facebook, Its also conceivable for the paper to be completely out to lunch....the most suitable use for the BCT was as fishwrap.  It's a terrible newspaper.

Just saw the article on face book....this is an interesting question. I used to live in Medford, and there are over 20,000 residents there, and its a popular upscale community...there are many who I know of that are retired from some sort of law enforcement; at the local, state, and federal level, as well as a lot of commercial airline pilots, who are also authorized to carry on the job. It's not out of the question to have 490 carry permits out.

I'd actually be surprised if there were that few pistol permission slips issued that year...the number sounds a little low, IMHO.

As I also stated on facebook, Its also conceivable for the paper to be completely out to lunch....the most suitable use for the BCT was as fishwrap. It's a terrible newspaper.

My theory comes from thinking at one point I had seen a figure of 1000-1500 ccw permits in the entire state of nj....that's why to think of a single township issuing 1/3 of the whole states seemed as if it had to be pistol purchase permits....

which could have been reported as permit applications approved...as in joe publics application for 5 counted at 1 approved permit application......furthermore to think there's 500 retired cops/pilots in one town...seems awfully high to me....while 500 doesn't seem low for purchase permits for that area....but you could be correct and I'm way off base in my thinking...lol

My theory comes from thinking at one point I had seen a figure of 1000-1500 ccw permits in the entire state of nj....that's why to think of a single township issuing 1/3 of the whole states seemed as if it had to be pistol purchase permits....

which could have been reported as permit applications approved...as in joe publics application for 5 counted at 1 approved permit application......furthermore to think there's 500 retired cops/pilots in one town...seems awfully high to me....while 500 doesn't seem low for purchase permits for that area....but you could be correct and I'm way off base in my thinking...lol

There are less than 30 non-LEO carry permits in all of Somerset Co. No way any one town has 500.

Too bad some members that have an account don't point out in the comment section they made a mistake and they are referring to permit to purchase....not carry which no one but Leo/related positions can obtain...... Is it a simple mistake on their part or actually an intentional disinformation/sheeple programming attempt... ?,,,,,, hmmm lol

I can hear it now.... "omg.... There's double the people carrying guns out there ..I read it in the paper!!!! We have to stop this...govt save us!!!!!"

I emailed the writer to inform her of her mistakes.

S.

Since when does the military use .45. Since 1986 have we not used 9mm in the miltary that would mean both parts of that statement are not true many LE use 9 and 40 and most of the military uses 9. Really wikipedia could have given the author better info. It does make me wonder about how much of the news is compleat BS i mean we catch all the gun  mistakes but what about an article about lets say dangerous shemicals are the Chemists sitting there reading it going what a DUMBASS