Sign in to follow this  
blksheep

Good truck cap...

If you go higher than the cab roof line you will need to measure for your actual height clearance and make  a note for your self and any others that drive it.  Had one and had a heck of a time reminding my son when he took it to watch the parking garages and such.  Just a pain.  Stayed with same as cab height the next time and just a tonneau cover this last time.

Depending on what you want it for look at some of the folding hard covers. If you need the bed space it folds up in thirds. Giving you 2/3 of your bed open. Cheaper, secure and easy to take on and off if needed. Gives you the best of all worlds.

http://www.extang.com/docs/solidfold.html

Depending on what you want it for look at some of the folding hard covers. If you need the bed space it folds up in thirds. Giving you 2/3 of your bed open. Cheaper, secure and easy to take on and off if needed. Gives you the best of all worlds. http://www.extang.com/docs/solidfold.html

Have the BakFlip and it's awesome.....although not what the OP asked for I'd recommend it for its versatility. Friend has a hard cover and we use my truck more than his because he hates taking the cover off to accommodate bigger items.

BakFlip gives you 100% of your bed if needed by folding it up against the back window.

Leer is a great brand. My dad and I have had a few things made by them and it's always been good.

Also, unless you're moving a lot of stuff often that can't be exposed.. Don't get a cap. They're practical for a lot of things and a pain in the arse for a lot more.

I'm partial to tool boxes and an open bed myself.