BlueLineFish

Starting my New Year right

I think at this point you have more firearms than have been lost in every tragic boating accident combined.

I think I figured out how he does it. I think it is secretly he is the officer in charge behind all the "gun buybacks" in NJ. So when people are turning their unwanted firearms in to the police they just go into his own private collection.

Actually now that I am thinking about it, that is actually pretty good idea, for states where you can have private sales. Get a couple of people together that all can pitch in 5,000 or more in and hold a gun buy back. Advertise it as getting unwanted guns off the street, and I think you could also lawyer the claim that you are getting these firearms out of the hands of the general public. That would be a win on so many levels. One you could buy lots of firearms for cheep. Two you will save a bunch of firearms from destruction potentially including some that are very rare/valuable/historic. Three watching the anti's reaction after the anti's figure out what has happened would be awesome. Four if such events start happening more often it would really poison the idea of the buy backs in the anti's minds and they may stop pushing it (especially if combined with pro 2nd amendment people visit their buybacks to intercept firearms)

I have thought of this before - grab a pile of COE forms and set up a table outside where ever they are doing the buy-back. Only good for rifles in NJ, of course.

What has put me off is

a) I don't have enough money to make it a useful expenditure of time.

b) I suspect some of the guns will have been used in a crime and I don't want to be accused of that crime.