louu

Weird Remington .45 ammo

I was at the range today and I noticed these bullets were different lengths, some were kinda flat and some were the normal rounded point. I always thought Remington made pretty good ammo but why would every bullet be different in the same box?

untitledpngcvfgui_zps131e95c9.png

I had one in a box of 50 last week that would not feed in my Ruger LCP.   I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out why that one round would not go all the way into the chamber and it looked identical to all the others.  I brought it home and investigated further and saw no difference at all but it definately won't go all the way into the chamber. 

I was shooting Remingtom 9 mm UMC a couple of months ago and my gun jammed.

It was a .38 round mixed in with the 9mm. The RO had to ram the casing out with a dowel.

Turn on the light and examine the box closely before loading mags.

How did you even get a .38 round into your 9mm magazine?  The overall length is like 1/4" different...

Had an incident a couple years ago before all the ban panic/hoarding shortages of '11-12-13 lol I went to a public indoor shooting ranges/shop in pea...grabbed a couple boxes of Remington umc.40.... Went to the port a couple mags in boom..boom ...poof......no recoil and it sounded like a primer only shot in comparison and I didn't see a correspond hole to the last shot...dropped the mag tried to rack the slide...was jammed up tight...took A LOT of force but when it did ..it ejected an extremely bulged 9 mm case....

I was not shooting 9mm or even had any with me..only ammo on the table was the 2 boxes I bought ....while loading the mags I'd grab several and load while talking to one of the rsos and obviously not felt the the difference in my fingers when loading and talking :banghead: ....but it freaked me out and Ive been OCD ever since on looking over every box of factory loads I run now....

38 Super is still long enough it might not fit in 9mm mags. On the other hand, nothing says that the loading machine didn't squash/crimp/mutilate a 38Super case in some approximation of a 9mm case.

Given the shortages we've had and the amount of corner cutting manufacturers have had to make to keep up, I'm not surprised we are seeing problems. I suspect we are seeing the same issue with the cheaper AR components, bulk brass, primers, all sorts of things that have been in short supply. Just hope it isn't the powder, cause that would be .. hm .. interesting.

38 Super is still long enough it might not fit in 9mm mags. On the other hand, nothing says that the loading machine didn't squash/crimp/mutilate a 38Super case in some approximation of a 9mm case.

Given the shortages we've had and the amount of corner cutting manufacturers have had to make to keep up, I'm not surprised we are seeing problems. I suspect we are seeing the same issue with the cheaper AR components, bulk brass, primers, all sorts of things that have been in short supply. Just hope it isn't the powder, cause that would be .. hm .. interesting.

38 super case loaded to 9mm AOL..  :roulette:   And shooters will not allow reloads but they will keep selling ammo they know is having problems..

I have had problems with Remingtons UMC ammo in the past but noithing like this.  This is going to create another throw it over the wall situation.  I am very interested to see what remington has to say about this.  Let us know what you hear back from them.

Ken

I had a similar situation. Bought a 100 round box labeled 45 ACP JHP, turned out to be FMJ with one round having a caved in nose. Wasn't a JHP, but more of a deformed FMJ. Called Remington, they freaked out, and sent me a free box 50 round box of 45 FMJ and urged me to properly dispose of the messed up round. I find it interesting that the bullets look brass plated.

They called me several times throughout the process checking up on me. Every time they asked if there was anything else they could help me with, I would say "a 1911 to shoot this 45 with would be nice....". No dice.

Was it from dicks or wall mart? I have herd manufacturers make lower qc ammo for big shop distribution. Because they demand quantities over quality for lower prices. .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Explain the bad ammo at shooters..