zoid

Listing An Out of State Employer On Your Pistol Permit App

I

I don't have an employer.  I am disabled.  N/A is the proper answer.  They don't need to know anything more.

I agree. Being disabled, retired, independently wealthy, unemployed or a full time homemaker are not criminal activity. However, as I said occupation and employer are standard background questions.

I work for a large media company in NYC and I put that down in my forms. Hasn't caused any problems so far.

I work in NYC as well. I'm sure that PD contacted my employer for the background check, but can't guess more than that. Anyway, didn't have any problems.

Pizza Bob-

If a municipality is using the employment verification on ST-033 to mail an additional reference form to, do you think that Nappan's ruling would be applicable to that?

Yes I do. The law stipulates two references and there are appropriate fields to support that on the STS-033. Using the employment information as a defacto reference goes beyond the scope of the statute. The NJSP secret book says that they are to verify employment as part of their background investigation, not seek any other info about the applicant or disclose why they are asking.

JMHO / IANAL

Adios,

Pizza Bob