Buns of Guns

Hello from Wenonah (Gloucester County)

I've been an avid reader of NJGF for a while, mainly for legal discussions. It feels reassuring to finally become a member.  I hope to learn a lot about gun-friendly people in a gun-unfriendly state. 

Born in Philly, raised in SJ, I live less than 20 minutes outside the city where I carry frequently using my Utah non-resident permit. Full disclosure, I am an Eagles and Phillies fan, but I get along well with Giants and Mets fans.

I got my FID card in November of 2011, and bought my first shotgun within the hour; a Stoeger 2000.  Since then, I've picked up three rifles and five handguns. Before getting my FID, I had no idea that collecting, shooting, reloading, and working on guns could be so habit-forming.  All things considered, I'm glad I've taken the plunge.

-Joe

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I am curious have you been to Freedom Ammo in Mantua across from Ginos yet? The owner is Glenn is a real nice guy.

And as he related a reply from the NJ Division of Taxation to me last week:

-No tax on the value of a gun purchased out of state and then transferred to him for final disposition to a NJ resident

(Use tax for the purchase is on the purchaser, but we all knew that)

-No tax on his $35 transfer fee, as it's a fee and not sales taxable

-No tax on the NICS call

(It's already been sales taxed by the phone company that bills him for the 900 call)

And yes, Glenn's a nice guy, a retired local CLEO. Let's see what we can do about keeping his shop open!

Welcome to the forums! If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I am curious have you been to Freedom Ammo in Mantua across from Ginos yet? The owner is Glenn is a real nice guy.

Chief Glenn Sheetz (don't hold me to that spelling) was my D.A.R.E. police officer in elementary school.  I have a picture taken from the Gloucester County Times from when I was 4 years old, and it shows him handing me the prize for the DARE egg hunt in Wenonah. Good times.

BTW I haven't had a chance to go yet. I've been reloading recently so ammo purchases are a rarity for me.  Do they sell guns too?

Welcome! Right up the road (Heights).

You'll like it here...

Where are you shooting now?

(Njjoniguy - didn't realize how close you were...)

"hoodbury" is right, I remember when it was Woodbury.

Pistols and revolvers mainly, but I just built an AR! Haven't had a chance to go out to the long distance ranges in PA.  Where have you been shooting now that Bob's range is in reconstruction?

-No tax on the value of a gun purchased out of state and then transferred to him for final disposition to a NJ resident

-No tax on the NICS call

(It's already been sales taxed by the phone company that bills him for the 900 call)

And yes, Glenn's a nice guy, a retired local CLEO. Let's see what we can do about keeping his shop open!

Wow you can't beet that price.  He's only making $20/transfer. The past 3 gun purchases I've made have been from out of state, I should have hit him up sooner.

To this day I still get lost driving through your old neighborhood. It's like the lost woods...

Yeah, it can be tricky. Great area though. Good times growing up there.

f you are looking for ranges fairly close to you a lot of us are members of South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow. Great people (Nucrunner and Njjoniguy are both members I have met there). They have short range Pistol (10 yard), 25, 50, 100 and 300 yard ranges, All outdoors but very well maintained with RO's usually presnt for help or guidance. If you would like to visit let any one of us know, guests are accepted there. There are other good ranges around, but i am not familiar with them. Maybe someone else can comment. Good luck with the new AR! You should post pics of it in the AR pics thread.

Yeah, it can be tricky. Great area though. Good times growing up there.

f you are looking for ranges fairly close to you a lot of us are members of South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow. Great people (Nucrunner and Njjoniguy are both members I have met there). They have short range Pistol (10 yard), 25, 50, 100 and 300 yard ranges, All outdoors but very well maintained with RO's usually presnt for help or guidance. If you would like to visit let any one of us know, guests are accepted there. There are other good ranges around, but i am not familiar with them. Maybe someone else can comment. Good luck with the new AR! You should post pics of it in the AR pics thread.

Cool! I'll have to give it a try sometime.  For some reason I thought Bob's was considered SJSC. My bad.  What are the guest fees like down there?

He does sell guns though last I checked his stock was limited but I am sure he could help you obtain a firearm. His transfer fees are also a great price. I recently transfered a k31 from aims u r plus to his store and he really help me out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Chief Glenn Sheetz (don't hold me to that spelling) was my D.A.R.E. police officer in elementary school. I have a picture taken from the Gloucester County Times from when I was 4 years old, and it shows him handing me the prize for the DARE egg hunt in Wenonah. Good times.

BTW I haven't had a chance to go yet. I've been reloading recently so ammo purchases are a rarity for me. Do they sell guns too?

-No tax on the NICS call

Thank you for the help! Does this mean that I should not of had to pay NJ state tax when I purchased the firearm after Glenn transfered it to his store? Glenn said that he will have to pay tax on it.

He does sell guns though last I checked his stock was limited but I am sure he could help you obtain a firearm. His transfer fees are also a great price. I recently transfered a k31 from aims u r plus to his store and he really help me out.

Gotcha.  There are a lot of dealers who only do transfers, and don't have a large stock in hand.  Nothing wrong with that though!  Especially if they have connections with suppliers from out of state.  That being said, does the sales tax thing matter if it is a dealer from out of state or supplier?? I would guess that it is who you give the money to: if you pay the shipper directly or pay your local dealer.