Brisco

Feels Like?

What is this feels like crap? OK, it's cold out, I understand wind chill factor. I understand there is a formula for trying to find out what the temperature and wind will make the human body feel like. Also understand this is very subjective.

Recently, on a network news weather report and on some weather website, they had a "feels like" temperature instead of wind chill.

Are we all really that stupid? Or am I just bitching about nothing?

Feels like and wind chill appear to be the same..just dumbed down for mouth breathers...lol

^^ this..  because so many people don't know what the term "wind chill" means and how it affects them, saying "feels like" is an easier way to describe to them what the temperature (with wind chill) means in terms of what their body will "feel like" the temp is.. for most people with half a brain, wind chill is a clear enough description.. it doesnt really bother me when they say feels like though..  just goes hand in hand with the growing idiocracy that is our society..  heh

remember when they stopped saying "Partly Cloudy" because it made people feed sad on the insides.  They changed it to partly sunny...   I also don't know why we dont stop measuring when it hits zero.  Anything under 0 is EFFING COLD -5 and -12 feel EFFING COLD to me....

remember when they stopped saying "Partly Cloudy" because it made people feed sad on the insides. They changed it to partly sunny... I also don't know why we dont stop measuring when it hits zero. Anything under 0 is EFFING COLD -5 and -12 feel EFFING COLD to me....

Partly cloudy is different from partly sunny as measured by the percentage of coverage observed in the sky. This is a strict meteorological term and has not been changed for the reasons you state.

http://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=partly%20cloudy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly believe that we are that dumb and getting dumber.  I even think the increased dumbness is accelerating.  

I just finished reading the federalist papers.   These were newspaper articles written by a few of our founding fathers to try to convince the masses that it was a good idea for the 13 colonies to form into one nation.  

How Newspapers were written in 1787 (Federalist #4) 

“One government can collect and avail itself of the talents and experience of the ablest men, in whatever part of the Union they may be found. It can move on uniform principles of policy. It can harmonize, assimilate, and protect the several parts and members, and extend the benefit of its foresight and precautions to each. In the formation of treaties, it will regard the interest of the whole, and the particular interests of the parts as connected with that of the whole”.

My local paper today

The Cumberland Mall will open at 11 am Tuesday due to inclement weather.

Department store hours may vary.

This decision has been made in order to ensure the safety of shoppers and employees.

are we getting dumber?