M1152

another "is it legal in NJ" question....

I just stumbled on the Mossberg Bolt Action with Flash hider in another forum. I've always been been a bolt action fan. Since it is a bolt action rifle  is the threaded barrel and flash hider a go in NJ or do you have toss the flash hider and weld/pin a brake on it like the semi rifles.Looks like a nice rifle and takes standard AR mags, think I need one... Thanks in advance

I just stumbled on the Mossberg Bolt Action with Flash hider in another forum. I've always been been a bolt action fan. Since it is a bolt action rifle  is the threaded barrel and flash hider a go in NJ or do you have toss the flash hider and weld/pin a brake on it like the semi rifles.Looks like a nice rifle and takes standard AR mags, think I need one... Thanks in advance

The evil feature game is only applicable to semi-auto rifles that accept a detachable magazine.

If it is indeed the Patrol its hard to find and its on my short list. Be advised that supposedly the pmags arent a goodfit, I've been told fromseveral sources including from thisforum. Something about the plastic tolerence being too thick vs a metal mag. Thats the unfortunate reason I'm still on the fence with it.

If it is indeed the Patrol its hard to find and its on my short list. Be advised that supposedly the pmags arent a goodfit, I've been told fromseveral sources including from thisforum. Something about the plastic tolerence being too thick vs a metal mag. Thats the unfortunate reason I'm still on the fence with it.

Thanks for the heads-up, it's pretty much PMags or bust for me. I have three odd ball steel  mags and that's it.  I was able to buy several NJ 15-round PMags well before I even considered the AR platform from RifleGear. They were priced OK back when I picked up my Kel-Tec SU16 which also takes the standard AR mag. The SU16 does very will with the PMag. I wonder if a little polish would work? I have to look into it otherwise I'll pull the plug on this idea :(

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/59719-mossberg-mvp-patrol/

I found a thread from last summer on the MVP- jump to a post #18 and it references what I was talking abot.  I kind of left my interest there, may look into it again.

http://www.mossbergmvp.com/index.php?threads/magazines-what-have-you-used-sticky.120/

Also just found this mag info on the MVP Forum. Mixed reviews about pmags/fixes.

I see, I guess its hit or miss but may not be worth the trouble but I will explore further. Thank you again for the head-ups.