Sign in to follow this  
Norseman

Rangers baby!!

Speaking of humble, we had 2 J-OFF devil fans in our section HOWLING to all the Ranger fans to go home and how bad we suck, and we were gonna get blown out,etc...  after they went up 3-1.   

They were VERY quiet in the second didn't show up for the third. :)

Speaking of humble, we had 2 J-OFF devil fans in our section HOWLING to all the Ranger fans to go home and how bad we suck, and we were gonna get blown out,etc... after they went up 3-1.

Hahaha ...yeah man. They definitely started their victory party waaaay too soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of humble, we had 2 J-OFF devil fans in our section HOWLING to all the Ranger fans to go home and how bad we suck, and we were gonna get blown out,etc...  after they went up 3-1.   

I love those kinds of fans. I enjoyed the game from the comfort of my living room. 

Question for you guys who went, could you see anything from your seats? From watching on TV it looked like you wouldn't be able to see much unless you watched on the jumbo tron.

As a huge Devils fan, I still had a blast. I know it was a Devils home game, but I was still expecting there to be more than 50% Ranger fans. I was very pleased with the amount of red in the stands. From what I could tell, it looked to be about 60-65% NJD fans.

I sat in 207 in the right field corner and my view was good. There were a couple of blind spots from my vantage point, especially in the corner that was basically at the shortstop position. But overall it was about as good as I could ask for.

It was really fun to be a part of. Hopefully now this marks the true beginning of the Schneider era in NJ. I love Marty more than anyone, but it's time to give Cory the reigns.

I love those kinds of fans. I enjoyed the game from the comfort of my living room. 

Question for you guys who went, could you see anything from your seats? From watching on TV it looked like you wouldn't be able to see much unless you watched on the jumbo tron.

Unlike baseball, a lot of ppl don't realize you want to sit higher up for hockey games. With the small size of the ice, and more importantly the boards, the lower sections are surprisingly worse seats IMO. Higher rows in the 200s and lower 300s are probably the best seats IMO. I was in 421 in the second row which was pretty much center ice and it was awesome!

Such a fun experience..

Unlike baseball, a lot of ppl don't realize you want to sit higher up for hockey games. With the small size of the ice, and more importantly the boards, the lower sections are surprisingly worse seats IMO. Higher rows in the 200s and lower 300s are probably the best seats IMO. I was in 421 in the second row which was pretty much center ice and it was awesome!

Such a fun experience..

Exactly right ...and I was in 419!! Damn ...so close to a fellow NJGF member and didn't even know it LOL

This was my view. The picture really makes it look further away but we had a great view.

Posted Image

If you zoom in on the picture that's about what it looked like in person. I could easily read jersey numbers ...had to squint a little to read the last names but still you can easily follow the game from there. Even see the puck pretty easily too.

As a huge Devils fan, I still had a blast. I know it was a Devils home game, but I was still expecting there to be more than 50% Ranger fans. I was very pleased with the amount of red in the stands. From what I could tell, it looked to be about 60-65% NJD fans.

I sat in 207 in the right field corner and my view was good. There were a couple of blind spots from my vantage point, especially in the corner that was basically at the shortstop position. But overall it was about as good as I could ask for.

It was really fun to be a part of. Hopefully now this marks the true beginning of the Schneider era in NJ. I love Marty more than anyone, but it's time to give Cory the reigns.

They Devils season ticket holders got first crack for many sections. This may have lead to the big turnout. I have to say I was pretty surprised too. I don't know about 65% but it was a generous dollop of red in the stands.

Tickets went down on stub hub to about $50 the day before and $20 the morning of the game. I was going to go but it was too last minute.

I will say, I think it felt cheap compared to LA. There was much more of a spectacle and whatnot. Johnny and the Asbury jukes looked run down. Not saying that the fanfare of LA was necessary but the Jersey Boys and Johnny looked like a joke.

Also, I'm not counting on Schneider sticking around. Only because he is a free agent at the end of the year and I don't count on anyone staying after Zach walked.

Also, I'm a tad angry with the organization, as I know they're better than that. They looked horribly unorganized after the first and could've easily smoked Henrik and not left Marty out to dry half of a dozen times.

Also, I'm not counting on Schneider sticking around. Only because he is a free agent at the end of the year and I don't count on anyone staying after Zach walked.

Schneider is actually a free agent at the end of NEXT year. So he has one more year after this one. But if I'm Lou, I extend him as soon as I'm allowed, which is July 1st of this year. Give him 6 or 7 years at $6 million per year and call it a day. I know you can never count on anything, but this is his first shot to be a clear number one goalie in his career. Hopefully he takes it and runs.

Schneider is actually a free agent at the end of NEXT year. So he has one more year after this one. But if I'm Lou, I extend him as soon as I'm allowed, which is July 1st of this year. Give him 6 or 7 years at $6 million per year and call it a day. I know you can never count on anything, but this is his first shot to be a clear number one goalie in his career. Hopefully he takes it and runs.

7 years at 6 mil per year  I don't know man, that sounds like a lot for a guy who's never been a #1 goalie.  He's been given the chance in Vancouver and couldnt pull as the starter.

I was in 424, last row of stadium and it was awesome! windy and cold but what a blast! Wife is a devils fans, game was good for 2 periods the third was awful though, so slow like no one wanted to play. Some jerk fans on both sides but overall pretty good and typical. Lets hope my isles can win one at the stadium weds night! JT91!