Bugsy732

Charging handles..... Decisions decisions....

N00b question: What's the advantage of the non-milspec handles? I can see how the shape/size of the actual handle could make it easier to operate but are there other advantages as well?

Non mil spec you mean the bcm and/or raptor? They are much beefier and strengthen the pivot point so you have less of a chance of bending the handle out of shape with a one handed manipulation.

N00b question:  What's the advantage of the non-milspec handles?  I can see how the shape/size of the actual handle could make it easier to operate but are there other advantages as well?

Both take the pressure of latch manipulation off the roll pin which is a common failure point with regular charging handles.  The latches were redesigned with improved ergonomics as well.

My raptor came in yesterday but didn't have a chance to pat about it till now. I have to say it is much nicer than the stock mil spec Handel that I had o there. Very easy to charge with either hand and it doesn't stick out too far. It fits nicely on my rifle and I can honestly say it was IMO worth the $80 I paid for it. I'll have some trigger time on it Sunday weather permitting. So I'll post back again after the range.

Thanks to everyone who posted info!

Nah, the BCM ambi MSRP is $75 while the Raptor is $90.  Street price on the BCM ambi is around $65-$70 while the Raptor is mid-$80s.

When I was shopping for a new charging handle, the best prices I could find on the BCM CH's was $40 while the Raptor was $75. I've handled the BCM but haven't tried the Raptor but after looking at youtube videos and all the reviews, I decided to get one knowing I could probably sell it off easily if I didn't like it. It's a keeper.