Bugsy732

AMAZON.COM to no longer sell firearms related items.....

They probably started collecting tax as soon as the started operating in NJ which could very well be a year before the shipping from NJ started. I'm guessing the moment they broke ground they were on the hook for it. 

I believe they were "stayed" for something like 6 mos. or so after construction was completed, before they were required to collect tax. Part of the deal they cut, I'd imagine.

I emailed them and this is the response I got:

Hello,

Amazon.com works very hard to ensure that customers have a convenient shopping experience on our website. We're disappointed that you have seen such news regarding the removal of the gun items. However, I've forwarded this to the correct team internally. Thank you for the information.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Manish K

Ok so i have emailed a AMAZON.com Retailer that i have purchased from in the past asking them if they have any of the hand guards in stock because i wanted to order another set but noticed that they were out of stock on AMAZON.com (THIS IS NOT THE SAME RETAILER IN THE FIRST POST)

This is the reply i got from them regarding AMAZON and Gun related items.

154312500.jpg

I have removed some info from the email image for privacy.

so based on this reply it seems that Amazon.com is in fact doing something on their end... thoughts and comments?

Ok so i have emailed a AMAZON.com Retailer that i have purchased from in the past asking them if they have any of the hand guards in stock because i wanted to order another set but noticed that they were out of stock on AMAZON.com (THIS IS NOT THE SAME RETAILER IN THE FIRST POST)

so based on this reply it seems that Amazon.com is in fact doing something on their end... thoughts and comments?

Well, let's put it this way... I maintain a separate Amazon "wish list" of firearms related items (cleaning supplies, CLP, bore snakes, gun safes, even a Sig/Sauer range bag).  To date, none of my items have been dropped, and many are still "Sold & Shipped from Amazon.com LLC." Granted we're not talking "magazines, reloading supplies, etc. etc.), but...

Vendors are saying different things. I will give you my guess. Amazon doesn't want to be the intermediary for any illegal transaction. It puts them in a bad place. My guess is that they are very, very bad about determining what is and is not legal, and you will not see uniform results in what is going on. 

I don't use amazon for gun stuff in general. I want to get what I actually want and not have to guess at knock-offs and 3rd party vendors reliability and honesty.

This is the reply i got from them regarding AMAZON and Gun related items.

154312500.jpg

GRG sucks anyway. They took my money for an item and sent me a Chinese knockoff. I hope they go out of business. Their word is shit to me.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/58432-got-hosed-on-amazon/