Bugsy732

AMAZON.COM to no longer sell firearms related items.....

So i was talking with a friend of mine who owns a online retail site out in AZ and got into the discussion about Amazon. He told me that Amazon has started to Phase out all firearms related items for sale on their site. They started with Hand guards, muzzle brakes and "receivers" and will be moving to other items as the year moves on. I went to check my "wish list" that had a number of items i was researching including hand guards and receiver parts and low and behold almost all of the hand guards were gone or "no longer available".

Has anyone else heard this? I find it disappointing that Amazon a large retailer and i'm sure a company who has made a good amount of money selling Firearms related goods is making this move.

So i was talking with a friend of mine who owns a online retail site out in AZ and got into the discussion about Amazon. He told me that Amazon has started to Phase out all firearms related items for sale on their site. They started with Hand guards, muzzle brakes and "receivers" and will be moving to other items as the year moves on. I went to check my "wish list" that had a number of items i was researching including hand guards and receiver parts and low and behold almost all of the hand guards were gone or "no longer available".

Has anyone else heard this? I find it disappointing that Amazon a large retailer and i'm sure a company who has made a good amount of money selling Firearms related goods is making this move.

Buying firearm accessories.. Speed loaders, holsters, etc is the only reason I have Amazon Prime. Damn it!

I found this post discussing the phasing out of "assault rifle" items, but it's almost a year old:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/02/13/amazon-removing-gun-products-from-store-worse-than-ebay/

I just bought a sling a few weeks ago from them and still have other Magpul stuff in my shopping cart.

I dunno what you are talking about, searching for "ar 15 handguard" matches like 700 entries on Amazon right now.

They just started removing items from the site. you can still find TROY, some Yankee hill, Magpul and others. From what i was told they are moving from the bottom up, removing the lower end MI "clones" and going from there. Anything that is listed with a title of RIFLE or AR15 is going to be phased off of the site. i just did a search for 12" Handguard on Amazon. it came up with 632 items. on the first 2-3 pages there were hand guards and no other items. Now there are only about 5 on the first page. 

I would say it's going to be a process for them to phase things out but i guess it's going to happen.

I haven't. And I have a shipment in progress regarding some cleaning kit supplies and a SigSauer P226 schematic breakdown cleaning mat, sold by Amazon.com LLC directly.

Even if "amazon.com" were not to offer these items any longer, they might still allow their "3rd party" sellers and marketers to sell them (i.e. "Sold by ABC Gun company and fulfilled by Amazon").  Which would be even better because, unless that 3rd party has NJ tax nexus, amazon won't collect sales tax on the order as they must do now for items they sell directly (i.e. "sold from amazon.com LLC").

I am on the phone with AMAZON now. two operators are telling me two different things.  One is telling me that Firearm related items such as receivers and barrels are no longer allowed. the other is telling me that certain Firearms related items are no longer allowed by NAME/Manufacture.  they are trying to get clarification... i'm on hold.

edit: they said for me to check to see if an item or item type is restricted i would have to set up a seller account and see if my item is restricted just before i list it on the restricted items list. they also are telling me that the list is not set in stone and is only a guideline. Items can be banned or removed at any time.

ok so what amazon i saying is that FIREARMS Related items are allowed on the site. IF an item is reported to them as a FIREARM related item, it's up to the person fielding the call/report to decide if the item should be removed and the seller removed/suspended from the program.

He basically said if it's listed now just go ahead and list one and if it gets taken off it gets taken off. There is no set in stone guideline except that you can not sell a COMPLETE FIRE ARM.

my head is spinning, I guess there is some truth to what my friend/vendor told me today but Amazon does not have a set in stone guideline or at the very least they are not sharing it with me.

in the end i guess, keep ordering what you want until they take it off the site.

FYI: i called saying i was considering setting up a seller account and wanted clarification on their selling policy with firearms related items.

Amazon CS rep just told me that she had not gotten the Memo, and that I could call back in a week or two to get an answer.  I hope that this gets disseminated across a lot of gun and sportsman sites and that Amazon gets a lot of negative feedback.  I told the woman flat out that I would no longer buy anything from Amazon if they go that route of Magazine censorship.  I am sure that there will be some lurkers on here that will say, well it wasn't Amazon's decision, or that it is their company and that they have the right.  I agree.  However, I have the right to go somewhere else, too.  My Kindle can take a flying...

Apparently the verdict is still out.. Now is the time to contact them.  Perhaps GFH will have to think about expanding its Jersey mall boycott to boycotting Amazon.com.

The list is growing...  Dicks, Cheaper than Dirt, NFL, etc..

Amazon would sell their mother,  if they could make a buck ..... I don't buy from them,  since they now charge NJ tax,   I go elsewhere.

They only charge tax on things they sell themselves (i.e "Sold by Amazon.com"). If the item is sold by a shipping partner (i.e. "sold by ABC co. and fulfilled by Amazon" or "Sold and shipped by ABC Co."), and the partner doesn't have NJ tax nexus, they won't collect the tax for those items.

I stopped using amazon when they implemented NJ sales tax. They can do what they want.

They didn't implement NJ tax lol. They built a warehouse in NJ, thus making them a NJ business, who must charge sales tax when selling to a consumer within NJ. No different than going to any local vendor.

I know. Since then, I don't use them.

They didn't implement NJ tax lol. They built a warehouse in NJ, thus making them a NJ business, who must charge sales tax when selling to a consumer within NJ. No different than going to any local vendor.

I know. Since then, I don't use them.

That's in most cases, is a real bad excuse..... I consider myself a frugal online shopper, but certain things will not dissuade me.

So you might cut off your nose to spite your face? Rule of thumb in most cases for online sales.

- If buying online, a price offers a reasonable savings at the checkout total, then it's a good deal.

So you are saying that even though they may charge tax and most of the time offer free shipping and a good price, you still wouldn't buy it even if it were cheaper than anywhere else? What's the old cliche? Penny wise dollar foolish?

Principle only goes so far and that's not a big enough excuse.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Half correct. They made a deal with Krispie Kreme to open a warehouse in South Jersey but agreed to start collecting sales tax like a year before it opened. It was a deal they struck with the Governor.

But even so, this applies only to items sold by Amazon.com.

Marketplace sellers, even those that are "fullfilled by Amazon" and thus can ship prime are not required to collect NJ sales tax. I order iPhone parts from third party sellers and they do not collect the tax.

But anyway, you owe the tax regardless. YOu are supposed to fill it out on your state tax return.