Kimber45

broken yahoo

Hello all just wondering if any of you are having problems with your yahoo email? Mine went to yesterday at about 11 am and hasn't been working since. I Tryed a new password but the same thing happens says my accounts been locked due to unusual actions.... anyone know what's going on?

Same thing happened to me! Got an email that said I need to log into my account from a PC because of unauthorized actions. I haven't received an email since and its not working for me either.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Deerslayer. I Tryed doing it from a pc but I get the same message...... they texted me saying the lock would be off today but still nothing.... I keep trying and will let you know. If you make headway give me a heads up.. oh and don't try calling the help line you eather get a busy signal automatic disconnect. When I did get thru I was on hold for over an hour and than they just hung up........

I just got back to my office and logged in on the computer instead of my phone. It prompted me to change my password and now it works. On my phone and the computer. I have 3 days worth of emails to answer now. Ive had Yahoo since college in 1995 never had an issue until this. I have a Gmail account also but i keep it forwarded to my Yahoo. If this keeps up I'll be using my Gmail for everything. Let you know if it quits working.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Yahoo Detects Mass Hack Attempt On Yahoo Mail, Resets All Affected Passwords

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/30/yahoo-detects-mass-hack-attempt-on-yahoo-mail-resets-all-affected-passwords/

The details are a bit sparse right now, but Yahoo has just disclosed by way of their Tumblr that they’ve detected what they’re calling a “coordinated effort to gain unauthorized access to Yahoo Mail accounts”.

Yahoo didn’t disclose how many accounts were affected, but we’ve asked for clarification and will update the post accordingly. It’s possible that they’ve yet to nail down an exact number. Given that it was enough to disclose the news in a public blog post, it’s presumably a non-trivial amount.

The (sort of?) good news: it doesn’t appear that Yahoo’s own servers were compromised — instead, it looks like someone is firing off a bunch of login attempts using emails/passwords secured from an unnamed “third-party database compromise”. In other words: the attackers got someone else’s database of usernames/passwords, and are mass-checking for accounts that use them same credentials on Yahoo Mail.

In response to the attack, Yahoo has reset the passwords of all accounts that appear to have been affected. If you’re trying to log in and Yahoo is asking you to change your password and verify your identity via SMS, this is probably why.