Sign in to follow this  
fatty

Windham Weaponry - NJ Compliant Upper

I've been reading a lot of good things about windham and I'm considering this upper from them to finish my build.  For $600 I'm sure many of you could piece together something much better, but I know for some the idea of buidling, torquing, and correctly headspacing an upper might seem dangerous or unreliable (plus no warranty).

It comes NJ-compliant right out of the box with a shaved bayo lug and a modified A2 bird-cage (extra slots cuts out on the bottom) that's listed as a compensator for NJ.  For $600 it's pretty pricey for a basic carbine length 5.56 upper but from what I hear windham's customer service is on par with Springfield Armory.  Windham also installs any component you order from them for FREE.

Within the $600 range I'm looking at this and the spikes tactical mid-length that'll require some shaving, pinning, and welding.

What do you guys think? 

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=193

UR16M4LHPBB.jpg

I have a windham AR. Great gun. Not one issue with it at all. The birdcage doesn't have extra slots on the bottom, it's considered a muzzle break cause it's a closed end. Same size hole as the bullet. All around it is basically mil-spec, but the buffer tube is commercial.

I would buy one again, thinking about buying their AR-10 they just came out with.

Www.cbarms.com has a SabreDefense upper with BCG for $539... They have others for $399 without the BCG but include decent free float handguards instead of those throw away M4 ones everyone spends another $100 to replace... To you can add the BCG for $125 + the $$399 =$525 and you are done...

Www.cbarms.com has a SabreDefense upper with BCG for $539... They have others for $399 without the BCG but include decent free float handguards instead of those throw away M4 ones everyone spends another $100 to replace... To you can add the BCG for $125 + the $$399 =$525 and you are done...

from their site

http://cbarms.com/asu057.html

not bad really but would like to know more on the barrel or rather whose blanks they are using and who does the cutting

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=16-LW-MID

Couple dollars in compliance and far better setup.

when you add in the cost of the compliance, handguards etc, you will be over his $600 target but otherwise I agree that BCM makes damn fine products