checko

Anyone watching Olympic hockey?

I would much rather see Russia in it than Norway. Competition level would be better, way more exciting games if they meet Canada or the US along the way or in the GM game. US, CAN, RU should cruise to the semi finals. I don't think there is an odds on favorite, any of those three have a shot at Gold.

I would much rather see Russia in it than Norway. Competition level would be better, way more exciting games if they meet Canada or the US along the way or in the GM game. US, CAN, RU should cruise to the semi finals. I don't think there is an odds on favorite, any of those three have a shot at Gold.

Counting out the swedes?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The game against Russia was incredible. I tried looking up the schedule last night but the next level of qualifiers wasn't out yet nor the times of the game. I will get up at 3 am to watch a good game live.

My half brothers all live outside Montreal and have played in Recreational Hockey Leagues since they were little. There will be some good family infighting during that game.

Counting out the swedes?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Not completely but I think it's unlikely they are headed to GM game. The loss of H.Sedin and Franzen could be tough to overcome. I think if it ends up being Swedes vs Russia, Russia goes to semis. CAN and the US should have walks into the semis.  

Screen-Shot-2014-02-18-at-2.42.07-PM.png

Updated.

I vote for Sweden/Russia in the one quarter final game and Russia winning (although Sweden would be nice), and Canuckistan and 'Merica in the other. Could go either way. 

Either way, the United States/Canada and the Russia/??? games will be absolutely insane. Honestly, I think the US/Canada game will be THE toughest of the whole Olympic games. Canada is the most talented, the Americans are playing better than everyone else, and the Ruskies are under pressure. 

Fiiinnnlannnd! I can hear the Kalishnikovs racking all the way over here.

Looks like Sweeden/Finland for the semifinal, and barring any major upsets Canada/United States in the other. Likely Canada will steamroll Latvia and the US/Czech game will be good.

Checko, we agree on hockey teams for once...

Bam. I called it.

You did?  

Russia should have started BOB. Bringing him in too late was pointless. Aaltonen with a sweet move on Nikitin but no way that should have gotten past Varlamov. Can't expect to win letting in soft goals! Ah well, no medal for Russia again!  :lol: 

Since they did away the "amateur" requirement, Olympic hockey (and basketball) has just become the "World All-Star Game" it's almost all NHL players wearing different jerseys for a couple of weeks. No big draw for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The amateur requirement was devastatingly unfair for everyone except the Soviet Union when it was in place. Hence why 1980 was such an achievement. 

I would rather have the best of the best playing. Also, the American and Canadian teams are the only ones with 100% NHL players. The Ruskies are 2/3rds roughly, with the Latvians, Slovenians, Slovakians, Finns, Czechs,  etc only having a small percentage.

The entire Russian hockey team will be in a gulag by tomorrow morning

Except for Kovalchuk. He's a friend of a friend of Putin and the biggest name in hockey over there. Having said that, elimination couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

-Callused Devils Fan

Russia looked like sh*t from the beginning..  after the US game, i knew they never had a chance at a medal..  too much pressure on them to win it, and they just werent good enough.. 

not surprised the US breezed into the semi's..  was more surprised that Canada barely beat Latvia..  only real susprise was that Sweden are seeded #1..  annoys me that the US and Canada have to meet in the semi's..  would have loved to see a repeat of the '10 final.. 

Still think USA has the talent and depth to go to the gold medal game. Even the women's team played well despite the OT loss to the Canucks. If I hear one more time about Cindy's gold medal winning goal in Vancouver (and his only goal of the Olympic tournament) I'm gonna lose my mind. NBC just loves him.