Sign in to follow this  
JoeTK37

SPR Thingy Ma Jiggy build finally done

When I started my second build I wanted something that would get set up for more mid to long range work, 200+ yds.  It took a while to get it finished and set up the way I wanted to, but its finally done.  Its a bit confused, probably a bit too much magnification on the optic to be an SPR, but not enough barrel length or precision in the overall build to be a DMR.  So its somewhere in between, but maybe it'll turn out to do exactly what I want.  Now I just need to get out and put some rounds through it at distance, if I can find someplace with a range long enough to do it.

Upper--

Barrel:  Centurion CHF 16" Mid Length 1:7 5.56 

Muzzle Device:  PWS FSC556

Gas Block:  Troy Low Profile

BCG:  Midwest PX Enhanced Full-auto

Receiver:  Midwest PX Cerro Forge A4

Charging Handle:  Mega Arms

Handguard:  14" Fortis Rev (love the look and feel)

Lower--

Receiver:  Stag Arms

Trigger:  Geissele G2S

LPK:  CMMG

Stock:  Magpul MOE Rifle

Grip:  Magpul MOE

Optic:  Nikon P-223 4-12 (also have a basic Primary Arms red dot should the need arise)

Mount:  Burris PEPR QD

Bipod:  UTG

Sling:  Gear Sector

PICT1116_zps7329e0fa.jpg

PICT1118_zps56485aed.jpg

PICT1126_zps37a28c02.jpg

PICT1123_zps99968b5c.jpg

PICT1129_zps844c86ec.jpg

PICT1128_zpsf2b4b767.jpg

The rail is sweet.  I've got a MidWest Industries SSG2 on another lightweight build.  The Fortis is much better looking.  Using a bipod and not caring about weight the Fortis works perfectly for this one.  If it was something I wanted to move with I'd prefer lighter and a bit slimmer profile, but that doesn't matter with this one.

I know I built that upper but sweet baby Jesus does it look good!

And you keep tempting me with your new BILLET lowers.  I'm going to have to pick one up soon, it will be the PERFECT match.  Just saw you posted some more complete uppers.  I HIGHLY recommend them.  I only have 100yds through mine but its been flawless and the fit/finish is perfect.  Love it!!!!!

Edited by JoeTK37

And you keep tempting me with your new forged lowers.  I'm going to have to pick one up soon, it will be the PERFECT match.  Just saw you posted some more complete uppers.  I HIGHLY recommend them.  I only have 100yds through mine but its been flawless and the fit/finish is perfect.  Love it!!!!!

I'm pretty sure they are billet not forged.  And they are sweet. I'm glad I picked one up.