fumanchu182

Looking to try out a trijicon or a aimpoint pro.

I'm guessing you're wanting to try out an SRS?  From a long-time full-size Aimpoint user...get the SRS.  The FOV is huge and eye opening relative to a full size Aimpoint.  I'm a little biased because I don't like the Micro line.

*edit: swing and a miss!  guessed wrong.

I was looking at either a TA01nsn or a TA31. I'd like the reticle to be in green as the red blooms, the amber is not the best overall and the green is the sweet spot according to the reviews.

I have the TA11's, one in green one red. Agree the green is my preference. Def try a ta31 before you buy it. I sold mine bc the eye relief is bad in my opinion, you have to get right on it to have a proper field of view. The ta11 is much more forgiving.

That being said there are a million happy ta31 owners so YMMV.

I'm guessing you're wanting to try out an SRS?  From a long-time full-size Aimpoint user...get the SRS.  The FOV is huge and eye opening relative to a full size Aimpoint.  I'm a little biased because I don't like the Micro line.

*edit: swing and a miss!  guessed wrong.

Well it's a toss up between the two, right now I'm trying to see if a Acog would be suitable at close quarters but from what I've read it's harder to use for that, not impossible just harder.

Well it's a toss up between the two, right now I'm trying to see if a Acog would be suitable at close quarters but from what I've read it's harder to use for that, not impossible just harder.

I don't like the ACOG inside of five yards.  Otherwise, shooting with both eyes open isn't a problem.  The biggest advantage of the Aimpoint or the SRS over the ACOG is the eye relief which makes it easier to acquire the dot when you're in a position with a less than ideal cheek weld.

All of the 4x ACOGs have horrible eye relief issues. I have a TA01NSN because I got it cheap, really cheap, really ridiculously cheap. If I could I would trade it towards a TA11H with green reticle in a heartbeat.

I also have 3 Aimpoint T1s and 2 PROs. I like the micros, with both eyes open my field of view is the same regardless of what optic I am using. The only real difference I have found is that RDS with larger tubes are a bit more forgiving when finding the dot with an inconsistent cheek weld.

The Aimpoint and the ACOG are different tools for different jobs. If you try to make an optic do everything I guarantee you will spend a ton of cash only to be disappointed.

So far the best bet I have found for a "dual purpose" optic is an Aimpoint Pro with a 3x Magnifier in a flip-to-side mount - which will run you about the same amount of cash as an ACOG.

ETA: Wow, I just looked at the SRS. I could buy 2 Aimpoint T1s and an Aimpoint PRO for the cost of one SRS!

Edited by High Exposure

I rarely speak ill of another vendor publicly because it can come off as petty and unprofessional. That being said, I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Botach has enough history published on the internet that consumers should be cautious of dealing with them, IMO. They could be overstocked with authentic Trijicons and blowing them out way under cost or they could be counterfeits. I don't sell the SRS myself so I don't have any financial incentive to post such a warning. I've found that the adage, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is" applies quite frequently, especially in an industry that is currently experiencing a huge downturn.

I bought my latest TA01NSN 2 years ago, I paid $800 for it. Brand new.

The list price was $1250

Last August I bought a new TA31RCOA4 for $1395. List was $1600.

Keep looking around. Street prices are a lot lower than what Trijicon lists.

And BTW, if you are down in south Jersey, you are welcome to try out my ACOGs.

That price is a big steaming pile of B.S.

I followed the link to Botach's site, the price is $1147.50.

http://www.botach.com/products/trijicon-srs-sealed-reflex-red-dot-sight.html

Shitty business practices.

Says in the slick deals post you have to add it to cart. Add it to your cart and it comes up $599. I just tried it and it works.

Says in the slick deals post you have to add it to cart. Add it to your cart and it comes up $599. I just tried it and it works.

I stand corrected.

Sometimes I shoot my big, redneck mouth off a bit prematurely.

Just for fun, I ordered one. We'll see if I get it in a timely manner.

I bought my latest TA01NSN 2 years ago, I paid $800 for it. Brand new.

The list price was $1250

Last August I bought a new TA31RCOA4 for $1395. List was $1600.

Keep looking around. Street prices are a lot lower than what Trijicon lists.

And BTW, if you are down in south Jersey, you are welcome to try out my ACOGs.

What part of South Jersey, near Atlantic City or more near the Central/Shore part?

To the OP, I'm in in Teaneck and have the Aimpoint C3, which externally and dot wise, is the same as the PRO, if you want to check it out.

For everyone, does anyone have experience w/ the Trijicon T44 (this is the 1.5x ACOG, I think I have the model # correct, not sure)?  I think this would split the difference between the red dot and the ACOG pretty well.  I've never actually looked through one, let alone used one.

I apologize for taking this thread in a drastic new direction, but I wanted to update it a bit regarding the Trijicon SRS deal from Botach Tactical posted earlier.

Blake posted a link to a 'too good to be true' deal on an SRS earlier in the thread, advertising it for $599. That's a KILLER deal, if it's true.

Although I've also heard the numerous horror stories about Botach, I went ahead and ordered one.

A day later, I received a couple of emails from Botach, because my CC info was incorrect (apparently I dumb-thumbed a number), so after re-verifying my info, my SRS is supposed to ship today.

So far, dealing with them has not been a horrible experience, as many others have had.

We shall see.....

I have heard rumors, but haven't confirmed them, that these SRS units Botach is selling are factory Trijicon refurbished units. I will verify when I receive it with Trijicon.

Should this be the case, it's not that much of a problem for me, as the rifle it will be attached to is a range rifle, not for HD.

In any case, Trijicon's factory warranty is excellent should there be a problem with the optic.

I'll update this thread once I receive the SRS. Very interested in this optic, and how it compares to the offerings from AimPoint.

The big brown truck of happiness showed up today with my new SRS.

A quick call to Trijicon with the serial number verified that this is neither a factory refurbished unit, or is it in the serial number range that were reported to have coating issues with the optic.

I was very skeptical of this deal with Botach Tactical after all the bad press they have received over many internet gun forums, but I have to admit, they delivered a genuine Trijicon SRS at an incredibly low price.

The SRS is now mounted on my 'spare' Colt 6940. Can't wait to get a little range time to sight it in.

The big brown truck of happiness showed up today with my new SRS.

A quick call to Trijicon with the serial number verified that this is neither a factory refurbished unit, or is it in the serial number range that were reported to have coating issues with the optic.

I was very skeptical of this deal with Botach Tactical after all the bad press they have received over many internet gun forums, but I have to admit, they delivered a genuine Trijicon SRS at an incredibly low price.

The SRS is now mounted on my 'spare' Colt 6940. Can't wait to get a little range time to sight it in.

Thank you for the heads up.  Pics of said SRS on the colt?