Sign in to follow this  
Golf battery

Colt buys lwrc for 60 million

BTW, I don't even like Colt. I dislike them. I just buy their ARs.

There could be ten guns just as good as Colt. Only thing I know is people who say there are ten guns as good as Colt are the ones saying ARs are unreliable. And, carbine course instructors report what we all know.

I'm sure there are guns as good as or better than Colt. But I'm batting around 50,000/50,000 over a couple decades so I don't see the reason to risk joining the "ARs suck" club.

As we say in nj. In your face. Thanks for the invite last summer to sjsc. Ive spent alot of time there since. Where have ya been. The colt haters can come and try ours out. Ill be there fr sat and sun with my colt hbar match target practicing for the high power matches coming up.

I've been traveling quite a bit for business lately, and have made a few trips back to the ranch in Tx. My wife started a small business as well, so spent a lot of time helping her get situated.

Last year was very busy!

Depending on the weather (wow, it's been a VERY snowy winter!), I may see you out there fri or sat. I've been itching for some trigger time.

I'd be willing to bet that there have been more rounds put downrange through a Colt AR (peacetime, or otherwise) than all other AR mfgs combined. Colt has nearly 50 years of building AR's for the US military, and military/police units all over the world, I'd say that is a VERY safe bet.

I'm not saying that Colt is perfect, they are not. No mfg, is perfect. They have been known to put out a lemon from time to time. Statistics of manufacturing.

Colt is the 'bare minimum acceptable standard for a hard use firearm'. Maybe it is one way to look at it, however, Colt can PROVE it MEETS the standard. How many AR mfg's can PROVE they MEET the 'minimum acceptable standard', much less exceed it.

It's one thing to claim it, it's quite another to prove it.

Put up or shut up.

ha...Colt certainly has more rounds downrange but don't kid yourself into thinking they are not the best out there.  As I said earlier, all validated by the way, Colt has had their issues more recently than in distant memory.  They are the minimium acceptable standard and that is fact.  Many AR makes exceed and have a better product with better qc.  One thing I'll say for Colt, they sure do negotiate great contracts with the gov't

I have a better idea.

How many names of top-tier carbine course instructors can you provide that say Colt is anything less than the most reliable rifle they see every day and also more likely to break on the course?

how about real life experience vs your 'carbine course wanna be gi joe'.....

When maintained, it's a fantastic firearm as is the AR platform in general but do not kid yourself into thinking a weekend of 1k rounds means it's uber reliable

Not to stick myself in the middle of this, but the onus of providing evidence lies on the person making the claim.

The phrase "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" comes to mind.

I've heard nothing but good things personally about LWRC, though PWS is my rifle of choice. When it came to military tests, it was my understanding is was right up there with H&Ks and SCARs.

yep, persons making claims need to validate it and still nothing.....go figure

If you cant draw the validation from the dotted lines you will never be able to put 2+2 together. Follow the bouncing ball. Very few were getting rifles at the time. No vendors I know would extend any more credit to LWRC which is why no rifles were going out the door, they had no parts to make them. The parts they could source were not good which is probably a direct relation to so many issued up rifles at the time. What usually happens to a company when they reach a point of widespread credit hold? They go bankrupt or get bought. They got bought. But before they got bought, they had to clean up a lot of financial mess. A number of people got hurt in that process. Enter Maytech and they turned it around. But that doesn't erase the customer issues, rifle issues and vendors that got hurt that went on prior.

Pre Maytech, no rifles, post Maytech purchase, now they can buy parts which equals rifles out the door. Not a hard concept to follow. BUT it is my speculation that if Maytech or anyone else did not buy LWRC, they would not be here today. Do you dispute Maytech bought them?

You said earlier that If I am referring to VA days have at it. This would imply that you know that were full of issues at that time, yet you are disputing the issues.....

Rutgers,

I never made the statement that Colt was 'the best out there'. Don't mince my words.

I simply said that Colt can prove that they meet or exceed minimum specifications as set by the .mil and the TDP.

There are many companies that claim to meet/exceed the spec, but how many can prove it?

Don't let me stop you from having your 'Colt sucks' pity party. You go, girl!!

Facts don't cease to exist simply because they are ignored.

And to that point, I don't understand your dismissal, Rutgers, of the training class data point. It is indeed a very valid piece of information. If a particular brand fails to survive in a high round count, serious training class from a respected individual time and again, how do you expect it will perform if it were deployed? Pat Rogers told me straight up that a class like this is a good validation of your rifle. Are you seriously going to argue the point with him and other fully credentialed well respected individuals that hold the same view?