Sign in to follow this  
Golf battery

Colt buys lwrc for 60 million

because colt sucks.....it's the bare minimal acceptable standard for a 'hard use' firearm.  The qc is poor, they're barrels are generally inaccurate, military reported 5% defect rate on delivery (huge number and that doesn't include the mil's issues with sub 1k broken bolts!), and they are overpriced.  It won't be long before a coltaid fan comes along and parrots tdi but there are plenty of makes out there better....plenty.....

get a hold of a section armorer and ask him what he thinks of the pony.....

Lwrc a respected company, oh brother! If you only knew! They have been quagmired from the start with all the bs with the original owner. Lwrc should have went belly up the first time they went broke. The only reason they are still here at all is matech bailed them out on the prospect of a mill contract but their rifle failed so miserably it didnt get it. The co screwed over so many vendors its not even funny. Not to mention all the lies it told. Personally i know a ton of people with f'ed up lwrc rifles. Deleted content here since shitty manufacturers seem to like to sue despite the truth these days. Let it suffice to say in my opinion lwrc is not a good brand of rifle based on my first hand experience. What i cant figure out is why colt would even bother to buy lwrc.

Lwrc a respected company, oh brother! If you only knew! They have been quagmired from the start with all the bs with the original owner. Lwrc should have went belly up the first time they went broke. The only reason they are still here at all is matech bailed them out on the prospect of a mill contract but their rifle failed so miserably it didnt get it. The co screwed over so many vendors its not even funny. Not to mention all the lies it told. Personally i know a ton of people with f'ed up lwrc rifles. Deleted content here since shitty manufacturers seem to like to sue despite the truth these days. Let it suffice to say in my opinion lwrc is not a good brand of rifle based on my first hand experience. What i cant figure out is why colt would even bother to buy lwrc.

My guess is the IC IP. I thought Colt was nearly broke though.

Yeah lwrc has been a mess of a company but there product is good. Colt is scared shitless of fn. Thats why they acquired lwrc. The US wants a heavier hitting rifle. The repr. Theres something going on. You just wait and see. Fn is on the rise

So colt we didnt give you the ar contract but well throw you a bone and give you the marsoc 1911 contract. Correct ? The fn has a reciprocating charging handle. I think ? Well that sucks. Big time.

I don think they are after the Reaper/IAR, that dog don't hunt. Methinks its the 109 million dollar Saudi contract. And why would LWRC sell with such a contract in place? My guess is they are sweating fulfillment?

I think it's more the way the military procures it's contracts and arms.  

what a load of bs and so much wrong here so please cite your evidence. 

Before you acuse me of bs you better make sure im not right so you better check your tude. What exactly do you believe is wrong? Sorry if i interupted your lwrc coolaid session...

ha, it's you that better be careful with who I know and what I know there.....

no coolaid here and I don't have to check $hit because your post needs validation....original owner hasn't been part of LWRC for almost 7yrs in which time it's been functionally a very different company with 100% new production, parts, distribution, location, contracts, etc etc....Now you want to talk VA days, have at it....

now if you want tude, back up the fking statement up or recant.....

what vendors were screwed.... cite them please

cite the financials of almost going belly up and needing the bailout..... want to hear you numbers and accounting accords

apparently you dont' know the mil contract rifle story or the other submission very well......love to hear your account of it

what lies were told......be specific

elaborate on 'ton of people with fk'ed up lwrc rifles'....would like to know this as well

On a fast road to the litterbox

I said, 'please cite your evidence' and Shane says I got 'tude'.  I don't care what side of the coin a person is on, a person says those things needs to back them up.  I've hung out with some of the lwrc crew on more than one occasion, good guys, certainly have come a far way from tinkering in garage, selling scope mounts and obsessing all things firearms related

First I don't have to prove shit. Go find it for yourself. The info is out there as public record, one just needs to look. IIRC is was on LWRC's own website for w while!  Second, there is a limit to what I will say on an open forum.

OK here, Ill help you, here is a post from Jesse himself. Why do you think rifles were so slow getting out the door? Credit hold on parts perhaps?

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?11460-Matech-Buys-Majority-Stack-in-LWRC-!

Is LWRC the same company now as then, probably not but it doesn't erase what happened. It doesn't erase all the people that were waiting an eternity for their rifles getting told constantly it was almost ready and wasn't, among other things claimed that were not true but I will not discuss on an open forum.

As for the rifles with issues, they are all people I know personally so as far as naming them, no. But Im sure you can google enough people that had issues to not need my list. Go look for repr magazine issues for a whole list of em.

OK I'll help again, this is interesting:

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/62804-LWRC-or-How-I-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-shoot-DI-guns

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55718

Rutgers, in the end you need to understand a few things. First, this isn't a deposition. I could care less if you believe me or not. If you like LWRC, keep buying them. You are free to do so. But keep in mind, if you care to search, I do not, that I posted about LWRC getting bought before it was public knowledge. I also posted on this very forum the demise of another company before it was public, so I think my credibility is intact. You are free to accept my opinion or not, doesn't matter to me. The other thing to understand is I have no emotional investment in any firearm I buy. The only one I have an investment in are the ones I make....

Not to stick myself in the middle of this, but the onus of providing evidence lies on the person making the claim.

The phrase "what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" comes to mind.

I've heard nothing but good things personally about LWRC, though PWS is my rifle of choice. When it came to military tests, it was my understanding is was right up there with H&Ks and SCARs.

Frankly, i dont feel the need to provide evidence because it is so readily available with a search but i gave examples anyway. For those that dont know who "Jesse" is in the linked post, he is a senior vp at lwrc. Im sorry if this is news to people that have more recently become a fan of lwrc but none of this is news to anyone in the comunity or even following along at the time. I conceed that Matech did a great job of turning the company around. But again, it doesnt change what happened. And indeed a seaech indicates there are still those having issues with the system.

because colt sucks.....it's the bare minimal acceptable standard for a 'hard use' firearm.  The qc is poor, they're barrels are generally inaccurate, military reported 5% defect rate on delivery (huge number and that doesn't include the mil's issues with sub 1k broken bolts!), and they are overpriced.  It won't be long before a coltaid fan comes along and parrots tdi but there are plenty of makes out there better....plenty.....

get a hold of a section armorer and ask him what he thinks of the pony.....

I have a better idea.

How many names of top-tier carbine course instructors can you provide that say Colt is anything less than the most reliable rifle they see every day and also more likely to break on the course?

I'd be willing to bet that there have been more rounds put downrange through a Colt AR (peacetime, or otherwise) than all other AR mfgs combined. Colt has nearly 50 years of building AR's for the US military, and military/police units all over the world, I'd say that is a VERY safe bet.

I'm not saying that Colt is perfect, they are not. No mfg, is perfect. They have been known to put out a lemon from time to time. Statistics of manufacturing.

Colt is the 'bare minimum acceptable standard for a hard use firearm'. Maybe it is one way to look at it, however, Colt can PROVE it MEETS the standard. How many AR mfg's can PROVE they MEET the 'minimum acceptable standard', much less exceed it.

It's one thing to claim it, it's quite another to prove it.

Put up or shut up.