Sign in to follow this  
DirtyDigz

Reupholstering weight bench?

I've got a weight bench that I really like, adjusts to different angles, has a dip station,etc.

Problem is that my cats really took a liking to it to - as a scratching pad.  They've ripped the cheap vinyl fabric that covers it to shreds.  Little effers - $200 worth of cat tower with sisal rope scratching posts in the next room, and they decide to use the weight bench instead...

I want to get the pad on the bench reupholstered with something a lot more durable (maybe cordura?) and maybe some firmer foam padding as well. 

Any suggestions for a shop that can do this kind of work in the Easter Morris County/Morristown area?  It's a simple shape (long rectangle), and I'm not looking to spend multiple Benjamins on this.

If you are in the market for a new one My GF owns  www.rocksolidfitness.com   She generally has any number of styles of benches aside from everything else you could possibly want. prices are good. Shes GUN FRIENDLY :-)

As stated, you can do it yourself if you get a good staple gun and a trip to your local JoAnn Fabrics (foam and vinyl covering).  All that thing is is plywood with foam and vinyl stapled down.  You could do it yourself for $30 from scratch.

If you want something that will be heavier, commercial grade, bring the board to  AM Auto Trimmers (Rt 46 in Dover).  They re-covered an old garage stool my grandpa had with some left over leather from a car they were doing for a very reasonable price since I left it for a week.  Don't be a dick and pay by credit card/debit card.....cash....and explain up front this is for your weight bench, smile and be patient with them.  They will do you right!