Wolfjon

Help me decide

OK guys I keep going back and forth on my next purchase my budget is pretty limited and right around $600.

Some of the guns I am looking at are the:

Ruger gp100 4" 357 ss

RockIsland TAC 2 .45

OR if I can save up a few extra bucks the

Ruger sr1911

I must also admit I have never shot any of these.. In 357 I shot a S&W 686-3 6 inch barrel and in .45 I shot a springfield GI model.

I am definately leaning towards a 1911 something about them mechanically I just like however after holding the GP100 there is just something about a good old revolver to love as well plus I have seen a couple of used ones for sale well under my price cap.

In a perfect world without real life bills like the kids wife and mortgage I would buy any of these choices or even better optinons

I also already have a 22 and a 9mm plus an old BP revolver i inherited which I have yet to shoot since I have to get reloading equipment before I can..

I have the Rock Island tactical 2011 with the VZ grips and full rail. First 1911. Great gun. Shot 3" group at 25yrds with 1st mag right out of the box.  Thought the VZ grips would be a lil ruff but they are great.  Lots of great standard features as well.  Like Bullzeye said, good value for the $.

Just picked up the Ruger SR1911 yesterday. Great looking gun but haven't shot it yet. Will be out this weekend after the rain clears.

My problem is that I do have the permits but don't have the cash for both... I have try a bunch of guns this last year and to be honest I liked all of them for different reasons.. Also I have been in the metals industries machine shops and CAD work for years so I also love the mechanical aspects of the different types of guns...

I think no matter what I will like either but if I go for the 1911 I may regret if I do not save up for the nicer gun from the get go.

I ended up picking up that used GP100 over on the NJhunters website, The guy was great and I could not beat the pricing he gave me. Gun was just as he described pretty scuffed up but very clean overall. I took it home took it fully apart cleaned every nook and cranny as well as polished out of of the scatches and it looks almost new.

Now I just need to find some 357 ammo so I can try it out....