The URL for the portal for the electronic SBI-212A (non-criminal background check) has been posted on the boards several times. Paul also posted another URL where you can find the ORI number for your PD, but for convenience's sake, I'll post them here again:

SBI-212A Portal...

https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/

ORI look-up...

http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/NACJD/ORIs/NJoris.html

I am in need of a P2P so I figured this would be a good time to see how this works. My PD only does firearm applications intake on Tuesdays from 4 PM - 7 PM, so I figured I would go ahead and submit the SBI-212A on-line on Monday and drop off the rest of the application today (Tuesday).

The intake detective (new) was unaware of the electronic SBI-212A and was quizzing me about where I got the info. Also told me that I was the first person in the township to use the on-line format. So I am curious to see if this speeds up the process. My township is usually pretty good. I think the longest wait was 7 weeks, but the norm is more like 4 - 5. So we'll see what affect, if any, this has on the process. What have you others, that have used it, found to be the case?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks, just added to my bookmarks for next time if my town swings that way however was all paper few months ago. Not sure how this works either- does the police dept tell you they require it or is it up to the applicant? is there a choice?.....

Just applied for some new permits today through my town ( woodbridge ) was pleasantly surprised that the background is now online, though - the office lady did say that the slowest process now , and what usually hangs them up , is the counties mental health check system.