nuclearheli

Think your getting a deal on shipping?

I just took delivery of a M&P40 Shield, a transfer for one of my customers. I found the firearm stuffed in the mailbox in a USPS Flat Rate Envelope. It took 5 minutes to extract it from the mailbox since the mailman must have used a hammer to jam it into the undersized "letter box". The shipper, Roughrider Arms a.k.a., Prepper Gun Shop out of ND, flattened the S&W box out (looks like they took the contents out and stomped on it with their foot to get it flat), threw the contents of the box into the envelope, stuffed the flattened box inside the envelope then stuffed the paperwork inside. Wrapped it a few times with packing tape and I guess threw it in the USPS mail drop. You know, "If It Fits It Ships". No signature required, nothing.  The contents of the box spilled out on the floor after opening he top of the envelope. Of course the label is 8.5x11 with BIG BOLD LETTERS, "Prepper Gun Shop" written all over it. It's amazing it even made it here. Oh and thank you for the unsigned copy of your FFL.  So the customer's gun box is pretty much destroyed, I put it back together as well as expected.  Is it any wonder why we have the government trying to regulate the shit out of the industry whey you have pure idiots like this out there. 

Nothing wrong with the sender including an unsigned license. As the sender, they're required to obtain a signed copy of the recipient prior to shipping however you as the receiving FFL can check it in with their DBA and address. Copies of licenses with firearms are an industry custom but whether or not they are signed has no bearing on your ability to check it in.

They sound like a noob shipper. Those fit in a Regional Rate which are a couple bucks more than a padded flat rate and wouldn't require such mistreatment of the merchandise.

I know the requirements. So I guess they have unsigned copies for sending out firearms, but if I send a firearm to them I can expect to receive a signed copy? The way they packed this firearm for their customer I doubt you will receive a signed copy. We'll you might now.

I know the requirements. So I guess they have unsigned copies for sending out firearms, but if I send a firearm to them I can expect to receive a signed copy? The way they packed this firearm for their customer I doubt you will receive a signed copy. We'll you might now.

I ship thousands of firearms per year (mostly receivers) and that's what I do. I don't provide a signed copy of my license unless I know I'm receiving a firearm. This is because I don't transfer firearms that weren't purchased from me as I don't have time for it. I had an issue last year where someone was sent a signed copy of my license with a shipment that I sent and they didn't bother contacting me in advance when one of their customers ordered a firearm and had it shipped to me without my knowledge for transfer. The logistics headache that resulted is why I no longer send signed licenses.