njpilot

17 Year Old Ready For Home Invader

Luckily he was scared off by the alarm, but this 17 yeard was taught well by her dad and was ready.

Like what she wrote on her twitter:

"Not afraid to love a man and not afraid to shoot one either."

http://abc13.com/news/teen-says-she-was-ready-to-greet-robber-with-dads-gun-/62416/

HOUSTON (KTRK) --

A teenager says she was prepared to shoot when someone tried to break into her family home. 

Word about this attempted home invasion has gotten around the Cypress neighborhood. Some neighbors say they're getting their guns ready too.

On the outside of Samantha Mayhue's Cypress home, there's plenty warning signs for criminals.

"It's not like we're trying to hide the fact that we have guns," Mayhue said. "I don't know who in their right mind would have the idea of coming in here."

But someone did, at about 3:30pm Wednesday. Mayhue said she heard someone trying to crack the code to her electronic front door lock. 

From the inside, the 17-year-old gun enthusiast heard that alarm and went straight for her dad's Glock.

"I was going to pull the trigger and aim for the chest and keep pulling it until the 17 rounds out of my dad's Glock 19 was gone," Mayhue said.

Luckily, the alarm scared the would-be intruder away.

"Up until recently, things are going south. And things are going south fast," Mayhue said.

In just the last several months, more than half a dozen car break ins have occurred on Mayhue's street. 

"They're worried about their home defense. They're worried about their safety," said Josh Vaskey at Hot Wells Shooting Range.

"Daddy taught me right. I wasn't afraid to do what I needed to do," Mayhue said.

Mayhue said she wants to be a tactical firearm trainer. Her Twitter description says it all: Not afraid to love a man and not afraid to shoot one either.

Luckily he was scared off by the alarm, but this 17 yeard was taught well by her dad and was ready.

Like what she wrote on her twitter:

"Not afraid to love a man and not afraid to shoot one either."[/size]

http://abc13.com/news/teen-says-she-was-ready-to-greet-robber-with-dads-gun-/62416/

HOUSTON (KTRK) --

A teenager says she was prepared to shoot when someone tried to break into her family home. [/size]

Word about this attempted home invasion has gotten around the Cypress neighborhood. Some neighbors say they're getting their guns ready too.[/size]

On the outside of Samantha Mayhue's Cypress home, there's plenty warning signs for criminals.[/size]

"It's not like we're trying to hide the fact that we have guns," Mayhue said. "I don't know who in their right mind would have the idea of coming in here."[/size]

But someone did, at about 3:30pm Wednesday. Mayhue said she heard someone trying to crack the code to her electronic front door lock. [/size]

From the inside, the 17-year-old gun enthusiast heard that alarm and went straight for her dad's Glock.[/size]

"I was going to pull the trigger and aim for the chest and keep pulling it until the 17 rounds out of my dad's Glock 19 was gone," Mayhue said.[/size]

Luckily, the alarm scared the would-be intruder away.[/size]

"Up until recently, things are going south. And things are going south fast," Mayhue said.[/size]

In just the last several months, more than half a dozen car break ins have occurred on Mayhue's street. [/size]

"They're worried about their home defense. They're worried about their safety," said Josh Vaskey at Hot Wells Shooting Range.[/size]

"Daddy taught me right. I wasn't afraid to do what I needed to do," Mayhue said.[/size]

Mayhue said she wants to be a tactical firearm trainer. Her Twitter description says it all: Not afraid to love a man and not afraid to shoot one either.[/size]

Gotta love that "anti-gun" dig the media tried to sneak in.  How, all of a sudden, did she become a "gun enthusiast"  based on a single HD event? Even if she was one, what relevance does it have within the context of that HD scenario?  :facepalm:

Gotta love that "anti-gun" dig the media tried to sneak in.  How, all of a sudden, did she become a "gun enthusiast"  based on a single HD event? Even if she was one, what relevance does it have within the context of that HD scenario?  :facepalm:

I don't think that was an "anti-gun" dig.

If you watched the video in the link, they said she wants to be a firearms instructor.

I don't think that was an "anti-gun" dig.

If you watched the video in the link, they said she wants to be a firearms instructor.

I guess I just get nervous when I see/hear the MSM (and other media) use terms like this.  I'm not sure there was any point in mentioning either that she was a gun enthusiast or wanted to be a firearms instructor, within the context of the HD scenario being reported. I don't believe either had any relevance to her need to defend herself and her household, in that case... so why even mention it? I can see how they might spin (or want to spin) the term "gun enthusiast" as meaning "gun :crazy: " in front of the sheeples, and that the sheeples might just pick up on that, whether it's true or not. 

We really have to be careful with the MSM and how they interpret/spin the things we do. They'll use any opportunity to paint us in a negative way... one that facilitates their anti-gun agenda. IME, they won't report stories like this on the natl. level unless they can get in a "dig" like this. Notice the very big picture of the Glock in the article, instead of the girl, herself. Big black scary gun to scare all the sheeples, etc.

Constant Vigilance.

I guess I just get nervous when I see/hear the MSM (and other media) use terms like this. I'm not sure there was any point in mentioning either that she was a gun enthusiast or wanted to be a firearms instructor, within the context of the HD scenario being reported. I don't believe either had any relevance to her need to defend herself and her household, in that case... so why even mention it? I can see how they might spin (or want to spin) the term "gun enthusiast" as meaning "gun :crazy: " in front of the sheeples, and that the sheeples might just pick up on that, whether it's true or not.

We really have to be careful with the MSM and how they interpret/spin the things we do. They'll use any opportunity to paint us in a negative way... one that facilitates their anti-gun agenda. IME, they won't report stories like this on the natl. level unless they can get in a "dig" like this. Notice the very big picture of the Glock in the article, instead of the girl, herself. Big black scary gun to scare all the sheeples, etc.

Constant Vigilance.

I think you're reading to much into this. This took place in Texas. The video shows the gun stuff decorating their house.

I don't think anything was meant in a negative way. This takes place in a pro-gun state, in a pro-gun area.

If this was in New Jersey her father would now be facing felony charges for leaving a gun within easy access of a minor! The guy that tried to break in, if they found him, would probably plead guilty to trespassing and get a fine or other slap on the wrist punishment.

I think you're reading to much into this. This took place in Texas. The video shows the gun stuff decorating their house.

I don't think anything was meant in a negative way. This takes place in a pro-gun state, in a pro-gun area.

Maybe so, but when it comes to dealing with the MSM, I'd prefer to be a little "hypersensitive," even in error.  They (MSM) are not our friends. The fact that it takes place in a pro-gun state/area is *exactly* what they'd want to show. The fact that the video shows "gun stuff decorating their house" is *exactly* what they'd want the sheeples to see... and to scare them into thinking that "guns are evil."  Is it right?  Of course not. We know what it is and we know better. But the sheeples don't. Like I say, the MSM are very slick ba$tards and know just how to manipulate the sheeples towards their (MSM's) agenda.