The_Matrix

What type of insect?

Doesn't look harmless to me....

Centipede720x4401.png

J/K

I actually have these in the basement as well. I usually only kill them if my wife sees one or if I run across an especially big one.

Something like this would have been killed waaaaaaayyyyyy before it got this big:

Wait for it.....

zDDlK17942.jpg

They are called Thousand Leggers.

Use Chinese Chalk to corral/control/kill them. Which, BTW, I just noticed is being sold at the counters of small chain discount stores in PA now. Don't tell the cops, they are buzz killers. It does kind of suck that they have to avoid labeling it for what it is, though. Unintended consequences of the blackish-grey market.

Not to be (too) pedantic, but that is not an insect. Insects always have three body parts and six legs. Spiders , ticks, mites, centipedes, etc are different classes of creepy-crawlies.

True. Centipedes have segmented bodies and two legs per segment. Millipedes have four legs per segment. While insects have six legs and three body segments : head, thorax and abdomen. Both centipedes and insects are considered arthropods and posess exoskeletons instead of internal bone structure.

They are called Thousand Leggers.

Use Chinese Chalk to corral/control/kill them. Which, BTW, I just noticed is being sold at the counters of small chain discount stores in PA now. Don't tell the cops, they are buzz killers. It does kind of suck that they have to avoid labeling it for what it is, though. Unintended consequences of the blackish-grey market.

Thats because its highly toxic.

No, it's not. It's no more toxic than the least toxic pesticide in your house.

It was banned because of the lack of quality control from the Chinese. And the second reason was for the children because the gov. Was worried kids would mistake it for regular chalk and stick it in their mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk