The_Matrix

What type of insect?

They are disgusting little bugs indeed but i think theyre pretty harmless. Theyre probably all over your basement or garage and i beleve they multiply pretty decently. They're pretty quick little buggers too which make them tough to kill.

They are disgusting little bugs indeed but i think theyre pretty harmless. Theyre probably all over your basement or garage and i beleve they multiply pretty decently. They're pretty quick little buggers too which make them tough to kill.

There are mostly in my family room (upstairs) and basement.  I'm watching TV and I see them run across the room.  Not a very nice feeling.

Some of them are quite BIG!

they kill other bugs... and as others stated are really not any significant risk to you... I read about them last week when I had one run across the floor...  fortunately I have a cat that takes care of them without much issue... 

I will admit if I had them "all over my house" I would not be too thrilled.. 

I have them too --  My house is made from Concrete block --  They're in the blocks  

Go into your basement with a headlamp on -- I usually take a knife and cut them in half while they're on the wall -- I guess they can't detect the knife blade till it's too late...

They like damp areas like basements, and they do get quite large.  They DO kill other bugs, though.  We had a cave cricket infestation a while back, then they were suddenly replaced by centipedes, then fewer and fewer centipedes.  

I crush them all on site, or spray them with a large amount of the nearest chemical that isn't safe to use in an enclosed space.

One hissed/buzzed at me once.  I don't know how that was possible.  I squashed him for his insolence.

I try not to kill the insectivores just move them , esp spiders ... but I've seen couple of these lil suckers here and there as well ...

If you leave the little ones, they grow into big ones.  I've seen plenty that will cover a business card with their legs, and a few that were larger.

I agree on spiders, though.  But I only spare the tiny ones that are out of the way.  Ones that are nearby or larger than a dime get the boot.

I get those stupid pincher bugs around.   Knock on wood, havent really seen them much this year yet..   Last 2 years were bad, had to spray the house and grass around it with bug killer stuff.

I had a few centepedes around when we 1st bought the house, but with the dehumidefier running pretty much 24/7, I dont see many anymore...

I spent a couple years while I was trying to "find my niche" working for Orkin....if you don't really want to use toxic chemicals, put Boric Acid (20 Mule Team Borax will work) around the inside and outside perimeters of your house along with the dehumidifier in the basement and that will keep out most creepy-crawlies.  We used straight boric acid but the stuff in the laundry aisle at the grocery store will work too.

Not to be (too) pedantic, but that is not an insect. Insects always have three body parts and six legs. Spiders , ticks, mites, centipedes, etc are different classes of creepy-crawlies.

I used to get them in my old apartment a lot, I think they are called concrete centipedes. Harmless but f*****n creepy! Ortho Home Defense seems to get rid of em, especially if you spray in regularly every other month or so.

Ortho Home defense on foundation inside and out, 10 foot Ortho Bug B Gone perimeter around your house. Bugs will be few and far between.

The boric acid is also good for places you will not be disturbing - inside wall cavities, on top of the sill plate. It will sit there forever...