maintenanceguy

You know it's bad when CNN calls gun grabbers liars

Bloomberg's Everytown For Gun Safety group published it's map of 72 school shootings since Sandy Hook.  CNN researched each shooting and says that only 15 are legitimate.  

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/11/us/school-shootings-cnn-number/index.html

Bloomberg's Everytown For Gun Safety group published it's map of 72 school shootings since Sandy Hook.  CNN researched each shooting and says that only 15 are legitimate.  

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/11/us/school-shootings-cnn-number/index.html

I saw that as well and the sad part is that even though it is not true, once it is out there many people believe it. 

The problem with media these days is they DO NOT do investigative reporting anymore. They want to be first to grab a story like any other network, but that's were it ends. Then they become judge and jury with biased commentary. Top of it all, being manipulated by the govt. Journalism needs to roll back a few decades and just report news. Not try to sway opinions or facts. Walter Cronkite must be turning over in his grave. :)

Good on them for both investigating the report and releasing the results. But I doubt many other outlets will release the updated results.

The problem with media these days is they DO NOT do investigative reporting anymore. They want to be first to grab a story like any other network, but that's were it ends. Then they become judge and jury with biased commentary. Top of it all, being manipulated by the govt. Journalism needs to roll back a few decades and just report news. Not try to sway opinions or facts. Walter Cronkite must be turning over in his grave. :)

It's all about reaching the "sheeples."    Something we really need to figure out how to do better, in spite of the MSM's not wanting to help us.

Yesterday, I did my own research on the 74 school shootings and I'm glad some of the media is picking up on the fact that Everytown really stretched the truth.  In some cases I could not find a news story, or any other information, associated with some of the events published on their website.  In other cases the shooting took place in close proximity to a school but did not involve any students or school staff.  One example of the school shootings was actually a gang violence issue that precipitated from a confrontation over a  weekend and carried over to the following Monday where a student (gang member) was shot and injured by another gang member as he exited the school. 

Some of the stories about the shootings were legit, and that was troubling.  Equally disturbing is that our government is not doing anything to addresst the root cause of gun violence.  Gangs, drugs, illegal immigration, joblessness, these and many other factors are all related but the govt will not do anything about it because doing so would likely offend the voters.

EDIT:

Even though CNN is calling Everytown out on the figure, they are also stretching the truth a bit.  In the below quoted text from CNN's site, you will see that the incident began at a residence and ultimately ended at a college campus.  The suspect had no intention of this being a school shooting, it just happened to end up that way.  If the cops had not chased the suspect, it's unlikely the suspect would have driven to the campus.

5. June 7, 2013 -- Santa Monica College in Santa Monica, California: A gunman killed four people during a rampage that began at a home near the college campus, police said. He opened fire in the residence where police discovered two bodies, then the gunman shot at a passing car and carjacked another. The gunman forced the driver to drive onto the campus and shot two people in a passing vehicle, police said. Another victim was shot outside the campus library, authorities said. The gunman was killed by authorities.

...Equally disturbing is that our government is not doing anything to addresst the root cause of gun violence.  Gangs, drugs, illegal immigration, joblessness, these and many other factors are all related but the govt will not do anything about it because doing so would likely offend the voters.

Let's not forget mental illness in that list.

Let's not forget mental illness in that list.

I will also add to that list.

The lack of stable family lives for children, the breakdown of the traditional American family so to speak. Detached or absent parental guidance is a strong contributing factor to adolescent criminal activity and violence.

I will also add to that list.

The lack of stable family lives for children, the breakdown of the traditional American family so to speak. Detached or absent parental guidance is a strong contributing factor to adolescent criminal activity and violence.

Lets not forget that having morals in this day and age is BAD.

Not religion, just a moral compass.

No internal thingy that tells you "This is wrong" or "Don't do it"

Everything is okay or a illness or someone elses fault.