kirk2022

Any Techumseh 6HP owners out there??? Solved Thanks

Just hoping.

I bought A Go Kart for my Grandson. When I picked it up (Used) The guy gave me A sandwich bag with the Governor springs in it, 2 springs.

I have been searching all over the net and can find nothing as far as A diagram that show the right connection points for them.  

The engine is A tecumseh  OHH60   71106C  Power Sport  6 HP.

Just hoping maybe someone has one or knows the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Tecumseh is out of business. You will get no support there. You might in the long run be better off getting a B&S 6hp and call it a day. You can get them for around 200 and parts and manuals are readily available.

Or just buying a Harbor Freight 212cc 6.5hp $99 motor.   I put one on my log splitter 3 years ago and it never fails to start, even after sitting for 6 months at a time. 

Or just buying a Harbor Freight 212cc 6.5hp $99 motor.   I put one on my log splitter 3 years ago and it never fails to start, even after sitting for 6 months at a time.

Yep was going to suggrst this also, but I don't have a lot of confidence in HF reliability or maintainability.

I glad the engine worked for you.

Yep was going to suggrst this also, but I don't have a lot of confidence in HF reliability or maintainability.

I glad the engine worked for you.

They are a Chinese knock-off of a bullet-proof Japanese design.   They work great for everything they fit on.   One of the biggest retro-fits is that predator motor going on old snowblowers.   They have more torque and HP than even the old 7-8hp techumseh engines.   The only change is that some people alter the jetting for very cold weather, but other than that, every time someone posts about fixing their old motor, the first suggestion is to replace it with a HF 212CC.  Everyone who does is very happy.