Sign in to follow this  
magnawing

Visited Bud's today

So, I'm in Lexington, KY for a couple of days training and decided to stop in to Bud's Gun Shop. I have to say, it's nice to walk into a store that has a wall of pistols about 100' long and ~10' high covered in handguns with another probably 100+ feet of glass cases filled with the high end ($1000+) guns and be greeted with "Hi, welcome to Bud's. Can we we help you with anything? I explained that I was from (shhhh) NJ and would like to check out a few guns. She said "sure, sugar.. You just let me know what you want to see". And then handed each one to me with a smile...not a sideways sneer after asking for an FPID.

I may go back and have them ship that black & silver PK380 to Jim Flynn's for me. They've got it on an in-store special for $349.

Wow, I had not realized they have moved.  They used to be out on Route 60 in a building under a large highway sign.  Barely enough room to move in the store.  Now big retail area and indoor range.  Things must be good for them.  I'll have to stop in myself next time through on the way to Knob Creek.

My biggest grip with the online store is that it doesn't have anything in stock. All orders get shipped to Buds first, then to me. It usually takes about a week before I even see the status change.

I ordered from Palmetto State Armory on the 15th. They put Buds to shame. My order is still "processing". 

I ordered a Desert Eagle 50 from them on Friday. It's shipped same day and just picked it up from GunForHire yesterday.

Actually going there to shop would be dangerous to my credit card and bank account :-)

My only gripe with Bud's online is that (a) you have to pay cash to get the normal price, and (b) it takes a over a week to get your firearm.

I usually buy from Sportsman Outdoor Superstore: pay the same price via credit card as Bud's cash price, and get my firearm in 24 hours.

I had a nice experience at the Heritage Guild in Pennsy.  Loads of selection, prices are not the best, but close enough if you can just want to take it home with you that day.  Nice guys at the counter.  A lounge to relax before/after range practice.  Fire anything you want, and they even rent full-auto guns for $40 per hour.

PA is crazy and lawless!

Oh, and they also have piles of ammo and no rationing.