MedicYeti

GPS Tracking devices

Holá. I've been looking at the various GPS tracking devices available to consumers a d my head is starting to spin.

I want a GPS tracker for my son, he starts school this year; my pedophile brother is out of jail and has been seen in my area and I'm the one who turned him in. I don't know what he is capable of and maybe I'm a little paranoid (better safe then sorry).

So. Does anyone have experience with personal GPS devices; good or bad? Thoughts, suggestions, insights?

Thanks Gents.

I have ordered one for my son who has autism. I'll be happy to let you know how I like it once I use it. It has a listen in feature too , which can get dodgy in NJ since we have a one party law , meaning one of the people being listened in on have to know about it. Since my son is 6 and does not talk much yet you could not realistically say he is a knowing party.

I got this one based on good reviews by other parents.
https://www.facebook.com/AngelSenseProtectingChildren?ref=profile

I saw one recently either on Foxnews or CBS news (sorry forgot which) that looked impressive.  It was a wrist strap like a watch that you could monitor online and it would send you a signal if it was taken off.  You could also program it for allowed areas and it would send you an alarm if the unit moved out of those areas.  Technology is amazing.

I've used this one extensively:

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/trackport+gps+tracker.do?sortby=bestSellers&from=fn

It plugs into the ODBII port under the dash so installation is super simple and takes 5 seconds. As soon as it's plugged in, it starts sending updates every 10 seconds.

you need to purchase a monthly subscription plan but you can monitor current location, speed, idle times and locations, see a track of travel over the time period of your choice, and you and you can set up alerts by email or text message for different types of events. For example, you can draw a geofence on the map and tell the software to text you anytime the vehicle crosses the boundry or to text you if the vehicle enters another geofence, or text you if the vehicle leaves a different geofence. It will also text you if the speed is over your setpoint or if the vehicle idles in one place beyond the time you set.