Sota

Panera Bread responded...

Fancy food, you need head across the street to the The Manor for their all you can eat buffet, lobsters ( guys eat like 20 lobsters each) prime rib, etcc..... I been dying to try it. It runs I think 3 nights a week

Lobster Buffet

Wednesday – Friday

Seatings begin at 6:00pm

Adults - $51.95

Children Ages 3-10 - $24.95

Wow, I forgot about the Manor.  Parents took us there as kids once in a great moon as a special dinner.  At the time, I recall marveling at the shrimp display. All you can eat and already cleaned and peeled.  They didn't have the lobster at that time.

I'm just afraid I'd be full after two tails and miss out on all the other goodies.

Thanks for pointing this out OG.

As to Panera, there are too many people out there that are frightened with someone open carrying. You won't change minds by buying a 'lady who lunches' a pastry and sitting down to educate her (or him).  This is why I would simply conceal it if legal and not provoke the masses, if we even had that choice in this state.

Maybe a poor analogy, but if we all lived in a nudist colony and walked around with our junk swinging around, nobody would care.  But then try to go pick up a loaf of sandwich at the Wawa and see the reaction there.

On that note, seeing a naked guy in Wawa would cause me to exit very quickly.  :)

Oh well, the lady enjoyed going there on Sunday afternoons for lunch.  I used to love going in there while CCing and standing right next to some uppity soccer mom.  If only she knew....

Looks like we'll have to find a new Sunday lunch spot!

If you do like panera, their retail products, and this has made you stop going and or consuming them, you might want to take the time to do the following.

1) write a letter to the panera mother ship and tell them you are no longer eating there because they have chosen to take a political position that is harmful to you.

2) find out who owns the franchise(s) you frequented. Write THEM a letter telling them you are no longer a customer of THEIR location due to the mother ship playing politics. They had to pony up $3 million in cash and demonstrate $7.5 million in additional assets to open that location. Let them know they paid for the privilege of having corporate drive paying regulars away.

3) if you consume their packaged stuff from Costco or BJs, let them know you love having packed X, but would really prefer a different brand. No need to explain the motivation, just tell them it's a disappointing product.

Leave the local employees alone. They really have nothing to do with it and yelling at them is just being a poor ambassador for our side.

If you do like panera, their retail products, and this has made you stop going and or consuming them, you might want to take the time to do the following.

2) find out who owns the franchise(s) you frequented. Write THEM a letter telling them you are no longer a customer of THEIR location due to the mother ship playing politics. They had to pony up $3 million in cash and demonstrate $7.5 million in additional assets to open that location. Let them know they paid for the privilege of having corporate drive paying regulars away.

Raz, I don't know much about franchising, but this factoid is interesting.  Not to get off topic, but why would a franchisee need to prove such a high level of assets in addition to a pretty steep cash payment?

Raz, I don't know much about franchising, but this factoid is interesting.  Not to get off topic, but why would a franchisee need to prove such a high level of assets in addition to a pretty steep cash payment?

I can't say for certain, I'm not them. But lots of entities don't franchise single locations, they franchise an area or region. When they do this, they often have stipulations about minimum and maximum numbers of stores you can open in that region. From what the various franchise evaluations say, Panera sells you a region in which you typically will open 15 stores in the next 6 years.  The investment to open is typically 900k-1.6 million, plus operational expenses, plus the franchise fees, plus they want you to do that repeatedly over the next 6 years. So they require liquid assets of $3,000,000.00 and a net worth of 7.5 million. I assume so that they can feel comfortable you have the means to deliver on their plan. 

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/company/franchise-overview.html