Sota

Panera Bread responded...

I’m very sorry to hear you disagree with our policy. Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth, which means, among other things, creating bakery-cafe environments where customers and associates feel comfortable. Panera Bread respects the rights of gun owners, but we do believe asking that customers not bring their firearms inside our bakery-cafes is consistent with the bakery-cafe environment we are attempting to create.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments.

Sincerely,

Panera Bread

Yea... fuck you guys.

I’m very sorry to hear you disagree with our policy. Within our company, we strive to create Panera Warmth, which means, among other things, creating bakery-cafe environments where customers and associates feel comfortable. Panera Bread respects the rights of gun owners, but we do believe asking that customers not bring their firearms inside our bakery-cafes is consistent with the bakery-cafe environment we are attempting to create.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your comments.

Sincerely,

Panera Bread

Yea... fuck you guys.

I guess I'll have to start looking for alternatives.  Unfortunately, the two Paneras in my area are prime locations for my business networking group to have "1 on 1" meetings within our membership.  :(

PANERA CLARIFIES: "IT IS NOT A BAN"

Panera's CEO was quick to address the massive backlash of criticism Panera received for seemingly capitulating to the gun-ban demands of Michael Bloomberg's proxy lobbying group "Moms Demand Action".

The CEO clarified that not only will Panera not post "gun free zone" signs, but that the "request" is simply that---and "not by any means a ban" on carrying firearms.

"So what were saying is that we support everyone's rights" - Panera CEO Ron Saich (9/8/2014)

This is not a "win" for Moms Demand Action---this is a national embarassment which demonstrates that businesses not only do not take their anti-self defense campaign seriously, but are simply interested in compelling them to be quiet and leave us all alone.

This was posted on Michigan Gun Rights

its irrelevant because any Panera  in NJ wouldnt have a clue wtf you're talking about if you showed them the above posted letter of response. Except for the posible reply of " huh? firearms, what  firearms? wait - you have a gun! OMG this man has a gun!! call the cops/swat/ military!!!"

Irrelevant "at the present time."   If NJ ever permits CCW "mainstream,"  *then* it might be relevant.  

Why would that change anything? They haven't banned CC. It means the same to you in NJ as it means anywhere else. You either care about pro-gun and anti-gun corporate positions or you don't.

Why would that change anything? They haven't banned CC. It means the same to you in NJ as it means anywhere else. You either care about pro-gun and anti-gun corporate positions or you don't.

As stated, it effectively *is* banned for 99.95% (or whatever) of NJ Gun owners.  But, again, we can still make a statement by taking our business elsewhere, even here.

I read this as: if your being a douche nozzle while OCing in a way that disrupts the customers then we will ask you to leave. If you're behaving yourself then we will gladly sell you a $9 salad.

I took the same mesage from this.

Basically, they will follow the local laws. If you become disruptive to the customers they will ask you to leave, just like any disruptive customer will be asked to leave. I don't have a problem with this.

Who wants to eat at panera any way? Their food sucks. Been boycotting them since they opened wether I could carry or not: p

I actually like them. I'd rather eat there then any fast-food place. Better than subway, etc too. They're not a great restaurant but they're al million times better than the cafe in my office.

I actually like them. I'd rather eat there then any fast-food place. Better than subway, etc too. They're not a great restaurant but they're al million times better than the cafe in my office.

Some of their pastry type goods are decent. The frosted brownies are pretty good. I don't bother with the bread or other food type stuff. More because of my own diet than disliking it.

Yeah, not a fan of Panera before or after this. 95% of their food is frozen, their bread is shit (I used to bake their bread. They receive it frozen and just heat it up), and their pastries are the same.

Not a big deal to keep boycotting them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their Mac & cheese is actually pretty decent. Beyond that my local deli makes a way better sub for about half the cost of what they sell half a sandwich for. Its rare for me to patronize them. I'm too redneck at heart for their food anyway. When I want a sandwich it doesn't have to be fancy. If I want fancy food I will put on a Jacket and tie, and head to the High Lawn Pavilion over in Eagle Rock.

Their Mac & cheese is actually pretty decent. Beyond that my local deli makes a way better sub for about half the cost of what they sell half a sandwich for. Its rare for me to patronize them. I'm too redneck at heart for their food anyway. When I want a sandwich it doesn't have to be fancy. If I want fancy food I will put on a Jacket and tie, and head to the High Lawn Pavilion over in Eagle Rock.

Fancy food, you need head across the street to the The Manor for their all you can eat buffet, lobsters ( guys eat like 20 lobsters each) prime rib, etcc..... I been dying to try it. It runs I think 3 nights a week

Lobster Buffet

Wednesday – Friday

Seatings begin at 6:00pm

Adults - $51.95

Children Ages 3-10 - $24.95

Here's a "good one..." :D  But consider the souce - Huffington Post - Gun Bans a Safe Haven for Killers

I love how this author states incorrect facts from the beginning... (i.e. stating that Panera "banned" guns... they did *not* ban them... they are simply "requesting" we not bring them in). Anyway, like I say, consider the source....  :rolleyes::facepalm:

In all seriousness, write letters, send emails.  Respond just the same way we respond when the Government tries to restrict our rights.

I know CCW in NJ doesn't affect Panera stores, but so what.  They are still seemingly siding with the Million Moms and their histrionics.  We need to let them know that isn't acceptable.