Iggyort

Mildot-Master: It works

sweet i am just getting into LR shooting what LR shooting seminar did you go to in PA?

The Black Hat Training Company had one in Lansdale PA last Sunday. They are having a LR beginners class on April 24 and 25.

http://www.bhtcorps.com/wp/

PS- Did you get my PM ?

I've been using one for 15+ years. They really are a good piece of low tech kit to have. I also use my 5.11 Watch with a ballistic calculator to compare the two. A good way to keep current is with some of the shooting software / games  out there.

I always loved long range shooting but I realize that rarely do I actually shoot long range -- 

I checked the link and saved it for future reading -- I been out plowing for 15 hours  --   from the brief reading I did I don't have a rifle suitable for their class -- Excuse for a new gun???

Iggy -- What did you use??    --   I'd love to do this with Jake

The seminar in PA. last Sunday consisted of a 6 hour lecture on everything from ranging, ballistics , Bolt vs Semi , G1 vs G7 Bullet coefficients, proper hand placement and appropriate calibers for LR. I am probably omitting additional topics.

At the end of the lecture everyone brought out their rifle so the scopes could be checked for proper eye relief and proper mounting. There was no live fire at the Modern Tactical Gun Shop. ;)

I am using a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 with a handful of mods to get into the game. In addition , I have the identical gun with the same modifications in .223 that I use for "Dot Practice" at Old Bridge and compete with out to 300 yards. Once it gets a bit warmer, you guys are welcomed to try either rifle.

Another big +1 for Freddy and the crew at BHTC.  Went to their Initial/intermediate Precision Rifle course in October of last year.  Great instruction.  So good that I'm going back again this coming April to take the same course (with a different rifle).  I know they just started offering those work-up clinics that don't have a shooting component but if the instruction is anything like the classroom portions of the I/I course, its really great info.