mikeyjones

Is Somerset IDPA happening this Sunday?

http://www.somersetidpa.com/matches/

There's the match registration link at the bottom.

Show up at 11:15 (or earlier) for new shooter briefing.

I will actually probably be there for the match so it works out - I can get my powder :D

Sign up fast. Idk if any spots are left. They fill up quickly in winter. If it is email the match director to see if hell let you slip in. See you there. Hopefully. And if you go ill see if youll take me up on the 223 bullets.

There's 3 spots left

Wow. Im suprised its not filled up. Hey how the heck do you find that out. I was just all over the eventbrite sight trying to figure it out. And i didnt. What do you click on. Im bad at this stuff. If it wasnt for pizza bob id still be living in a cave banging rocks together trying to figure out how to register. Im special.

Wow. Im suprised its not filled up.

Probably because its so GD cold in there that you might as well be shooting outside...thanks to that vaporware range upgrade...

Any restrictions on new shooters? In the sense of never haven done action shooting sports. Been around firearms for a while.

There's no restrictions other than taking the new shooters' briefing. Practice drawing from your holster beforehand b/c sweeping yourself or putting a round in the floor will be an early exit

Any restrictions on new shooters? In the sense of never haven done action shooting sports. Been around firearms for a while.

Golf-can't do 6.5c for the 223.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Stu will give a new shooting briefing, just show up early.  Be safe and have fun.  Don't break the 180 or sweep yourself or anyone else and you will be fine.  Probably a good (make that excellent) idea to go to idpa.com and read the rule book.  It is always helpful to know the rules :)  If you want to be crazy like me, next time shoot that during the day and sign up for USPSA at RTSP for that evening.

Stu will give a new shooting briefing, just show up early. Be safe and have fun. Don't break the 180 or sweep yourself or anyone else and you will be fine. Probably a good (make that excellent) idea to go to idpa.com and read the rule book. It is always helpful to know the rules :) If you want to be crazy like me, next time shoot that during the day and sign up for USPSA at RTSP for that evening.

I've read the rules a few times but there's a lot of minutiae in there.

I might do rtsp at night as well. Will have to check my ammo levels.

Can I reclaim brass there?

Just remember cover (keep your lower half behind cover), reload while behind cover.  Don't drop any partially loaded mags.

Yes, you will be able to reclaim your brass.

I might do rtsp at night as well. Will have to check my ammo levels.

Yes you can pick up brass, at both places.  Doubt you will be able to do RTSP this month as it is full with four on the wait list already.  You can try contacting the MD to see if there will be space - that is why I said next month.  

Sorry I missed this discussion so far. Yes the match is on. The new shooter briefing will start shortly after 11 I hope. We'll cover safely drawing and holstering as well as some of the main rules.

As you said there are many rules and you don't need to know them all for your first match. We'll teach you as you go along. Unless you're really special you're not going to be burning the range down for your first few matches. There's a lot to take in if you've only shot on a square range before. Don't worry, keep your head and be safe - only go as fast as you can think. I garrentee you will enjoy yourself and you'll get faster and more competitive as you learn.

See you on Sunday.

Stu.

PS. If you really want to get on the match director's good side, show up at 10 and help build the stages.