mikeyjones

Is this typical?

I believe this was a psa lower parts kit.

The buffer retainer sheared off.

It stopped working at the range and I tore it down when I got home to find the retainer was lodged in front of the hammer, not allowing it to make contact with the pin.

Just want to point out that this rifle has less than 100 rounds down the tube.

Think psa will replace under warranty?

post-6740-145628315009_thumb.jpg
Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Could have been out of spec - I would contact PSA and get a replacement.

Was your buffer tube screwed in to right against the retainer?  Too tight or too loose maybe?

Screwed in the same way my other ones are.  I mean if it's too loose, the retainer won't stay in place. If it's too tight, you can't push down on the retainer to insert the buffer.  Since you have to rotate 1 full rotation to get it to align, I think there's only 1 possible correct answer. 

I could be wrong...

I sent an email to PSA, let's see what they come back with.  

Because of this, the face of the buffer tube also got buggered up. I think it's still functional, just might be cosmetic damage.

The other unlikely option is that the hole it lives in has been drilled oversize or the pin itself is undersized.

Maybe this.

I'm kinda thinking something happened where the retainer was getting whacked back and forth and opened up the hole wide enough to eject the pin and spring..  I'd check the hole to see if it got hammered into an oval shape. Maybe back the extension out a bit and wiggle the retainer pin to see if there is any play.