Sign in to follow this  
fishnut

Anyone near flemington have an HVLP spray gun?

I am looking to spray a table I have made with some automotive clear coat. (yes I'm set on automotive clear coat for this application) I don't have a good spray gun anymore as the person I lent it out to apparently did not feel like cleaning the gun after they used it.  So I'm looking for a HVLP gun to borrow, if you also happen to have a little clear left over from a project or a place that I could spray at even better. I have a few bucks that I could compensate you with or I'm willing to trade it out with work around your home, shop, car ect. I'm kind of a jack of all trades master of none LOL. 

Thanks mikey! if I cant find someone who has a shop that I could use ill let you know. I can just hear the wife now if I spray it in my attached garage LOL

Well I can see why she would have a problem with that! Spraying IN the garage? Are you nuts??

It's much easier to remove overspray from tile, you should instead consider the kitchen. It's where I do all my gunsmithing.

Lmao yeah I was not really planning on spraying clear in my garage. That's why I'm looking for a place to spray it too. Worst case I have a place at one of the schools I work for I can use but I'd rather not if I don't have to. No beer allowed on school property lol

Like a kill room from Dexter

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

[emoji6] I was thinking the same thing.

When I spray in the garage I just line the whole thing with plastic for about $10 and run a fan to exhaust the fumes.

455936-438x.jpg

I'd be willing to let you spray somewhere on my property but spraying outside is a pain.

If you spray in your garage, just put up plastic sheets. Like a kill room from Dexter

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have a bunch of space outside to spray but I'm going for a flawless finish on this one so allot pollen and bugs in the clear wont work even though I plan on cutting and buffing it. I don't want to spray in the garage because of the isocyanates in the clear and having a new born baby in the house.  

Not near Flemington but if you find yourself near Riverdale in Morris County, I have two spray booths and all the equipment you need at my shop.  Also have ML Campbells Krystal finish which is meant for your application. We build cabinetry, furniture and millwork.

Beer is good. My favorite brand is cold and free.

Not near Flemington but if you find yourself near Riverdale in Morris County, I have two spray booths and all the equipment you need at my shop. Also have ML Campbells Krystal finish which is meant for your application. We build cabinetry, furniture and millwork.

Beer is good. My favorite brand is cold and free.

thanks for the offer! Another member is letting me borrow his spray gun so I'm covered. I'll look into that product. If you were closer I'd definitely take you up on the offer