Lambo2936

PTR 32 KFR Gen2 7.62x39 NJ Legal?

Found this for sale from an out of state seller, willing to ship it to me for 600$, so i'd only have to pay for FFL Transfer ( i believe). 
"NIB PTR 32 KFR Gen2, 7.62x39 caliber, 16" tapered match grade barrel, HK91 length hand guard, welded scope mount, (1) 30 round PMag, factory papers and case."

Obviously i can't have the 30rd pmag.
Are these any good? Online they seem to go for 900$+, so 600$ doesn't sound bad. I can probably knock him down a few more bucks (even though hes already  going down quite a bit) because i can't use the 30rd pmag obviously.

I've wanted something more compact, and this might not be too bad. 7.62 is a fairly common caliber, too, and is fairly cheap. I'd probably just get some steel cased for it.

Let me know what you guy's think.

• Like 1

Ptr makes great rifles I have the 91. It'll definitely have a flash hider, they do make a nj compliant version from the factory, you might get lucky but I don't know why someone would buy that out of this state

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh, ok.. not bad at all.

It does in fact have a flashhider.

I'm seriously considering picking the thing up.. 
Any suggestions for FFL Transfers that are cheap and can do the compliance work around Woodbridge? Heritage guild is up the street but i think they were expensive.

Also, any suggestions on something compliant that'll work? My understanding is the F.H. is just threaded into the barrel, so i'd like to just find something i can thread into there and have them weld it.

Thanks!

Lambo if you buy it, make sure you check the bolt gap on the PTR with feeler gauges (empty rifle - slam the bolt home and press the trigger in safe direction - then check with gauge). It has to be in-spec for proper head spacing which is easily adjusted by changing out the rollers. I forget what the numbers were... Easy to find on hk forums

This is something you have to keep an eye on with this type of action, unlike a typical gas operated system. Roller delayed blowback guns are pretty sweet though. Really miss my 91.

I'll let you know if i end up not picking it up. Not a bad price at all, lol.
Send me a PM so i don't forget. I'll let the guy know to consider it sold regardless.

You'll have to pay with paypal or something because the guy is in like alabama or arkansas or some shit and is shipping it to here.

Lambo - honestly it sounds like something is probably off with that rifle.  -$300 for a NIB PTR32 is kind of.... crazy?  Not trying to dissuade you from buying if that's what you want, but if it's a lemon you're kind of screwed and it's not easy working on those HK clones.  

I would ask the seller to at least show the bolt-gap measurement.  Is the seller an FFL and a PTR dealer?  The price just doesn't add up to me.  $600 shipped is crazy and sounds like bait to steal your hard earned dollars.

I decided not to purchase it but sent Blueline his info to see if he can work out a deal with the guy.

I'm not too skeptical, i got a never fired DD rifle for 1000$ instead of 1700$+, it just sat for a while.
I don't think he's an FFL though i could be wrong. Could just be the guy is going out of business. 

I sell online for a living. Its fairly easy to get protection as a buyer. The sellers are the ones who get the shaft. Ive had people open claims for vacuums that failed after 6 months and paypal allowed them to return the item, admittedly used multiple times prior to failing, for a full refund. Mind you their policy is that the item must be returned in the same condition in which it was received (new and working)..

Its he said she said, and the buyer is always right.

I can also assure you that the sherriffs dept in bumblef**k nowhere arizona or whatever wont kick down this guys door over an accusation that he never shipped me a freakin gun. Nor will my local pd even bother forwarding the information to that dept.