Schrödinger's cat

Great BCG sale

I just stumbled across this company and had a nice chat with the owner, he sounds like he really knows his stuff.

I like it that the bolt is 9310, and it's MPI and HPT tested. He claims that he makes these bolts for four large AR companies but didn't want to tell me who they are. They are $85.

https://blackwoodarms.com/product/bolt-carrier-group/

He also makes the coolest side charging upper, it's ambidextrous and non reciprocating but it's way out of my price range. He told me that in about two months he will start a budget run of the same upper with maybe a different way of anodizing it and having a nitride finish instead of NiB. I think he's aiming for about $350 for the upper and carrier and will have it in a few other calibers as well, I know he's going to have it in 6.5 Grendel. Although I think he's considering the saami chamber so the bolt won't work for my BHW barrel.

• Like 1

almost positive that upper is reciprocating the handles look like they are screwed right into the BCG.   The design looks just like the old LAR upper (company sold to Remington).  Then same family opened Crosshill technologies and continues to make the same side charger upper.  I have one of those which i have no complaints about and is a bit cheaper.  

almost positive that upper is reciprocating the handles look like they are screwed right into the BCG.   The design looks just like the old LAR upper (company sold to Remington).  Then same family opened Crosshill technologies and continues to make the same side charger upper.  I have one of those which i have no complaints about and is a bit cheaper.  

Crosshill is out of business now.

almost positive that upper is reciprocating the handles look like they are screwed right into the BCG. The design looks just like the old LAR upper (company sold to Remington). Then same family opened Crosshill technologies and continues to make the same side charger upper. I have one of those which i have no complaints about and is a bit cheaper.

It could be but it didn't sound like that on the phone. He said he's been doing this for 6 years, I think Crosshill was around longer than that.

• Like 1